Saturday, February 02, 2008

#42 - Laundry

101 Things to Do in 1001 Days

I've been working on several of my 101 Things but tonight something interesting happened. I did several loads of laundry today and as usual I folded everything as soon as they were out of the dryer & the freshly folded laundry was placed into the now empty laundry baskets. So there they were, my laundry baskets. All lined up, just sitting in the family room. I was finishing up the dishes after dinner tonight and I started thinking about my list & it flashed that putting away the laundry was on my list.

It seems so odd that putting away the laundry is a task that has to be placed on a list that lasts 1001 days! Shouldn't putting away the laundry just be part of the routine? Why is it that my routine for laundry includes gathering it, washing and drying it and folding it, but doesn't include putting away. What happened that my routine ended with folding it.

So tonight, I put away the laundry. All of it. I had three baskets of it. I even had about 6 shirts that needed to be hung up & I had 4 or 5 shirts that were from last week, that never got hung up (But did today.)

Three baskets of clothing took me 5 minutes to put away. I set my timer for 15 minutes, sure I would still be putting away clothes when the timer went off, but I still had 10 minutes left.

I don't think I can get away with not putting away the laundry any longer. It is absolutely ridiculous that I normally allow several baskets of laundry to live in the living room when it only took me 5 minutes to put away three baskets today.

So, this will still be left on my list until I get a few months of this GOOD behavior down without a relapse.

I can't possibly be the only one with this issue.


Have a Great Day!

Kristin

1 comment:

ttelroc said...

This what what my mother tried to post..."I discovered yesterday that I could wash all my supper dishes by hand, which
was not much, but enough to clutter a counter and not something that I
wanted to see when I came down for my morning coffee.

I had put a cup of coffee in the microwave, set it for 1:40 to reheat it. I
was just wiping out the sink when the buzzer went off!

.........normally I just stand there and wait! (actually quite often I walk
away and forget that I have coffee in the microwave and find it the next
day! :o)).............but. plates, glasses, silverware and counter top can
all be cleaned up in the time it takes to warm up a cup of coffee !
...........lm"