Monday, September 15, 2008

Cough Cough


Yesterday around 3pm I noticed that my throat was hurting. I thought it might be a little dry, so got a nice big glass of water.

Around 4pm that dry sore throat feeling was still there. I usually keep myself very well hydrated so this sore throat was disturbing.

It might be the beginning of a cold.

I don't have time for a cold.

I'm going on vacation with my mother, my sister and my baby niece - I can't be sick.

I sound like a commercial, but I had a bottle of Zicam. (I bought the citrus flavored) I had bought it the last time I had a cold, but I was in the middle of the cold and only took a few of the tablets. I had no idea if it actually helped the cold, I was already very ill.

This time, I took Zicam two hours after I first felt my throat getting sore.

The directions say to take one tablet every three hours and for another 48 hours after symptoms subside. I didn't get up and take any tablets in the middle of the night, but I have taken them every three hours while awake.

My sore throat is gone.

The aches I was starting to feel last night are gone.

It may not have been a cold, but I believe the Zicam worked because I feel so much better than I did yesterday.

I will continue to take the tablets for the next 24 hours just to make sure.

Zicam is an over the counter homeopathic tablet that contains a form of zinc.

I believe it works & I'll update my findings as I keep this product in my bag of tricks.

I'd love to have your opinions.


Have a great day!
Kristin

2 comments:

Finding Normal said...

Did it work? I'm so buying this for the next round. I've had 3 bouts of cold/sinus/allergies fun in the last 5 weeks alone!

Kristin - The Goat said...

It did work - it really did. I have remained cold-free!

Kristin