Sunday, January 18, 2009

Clean it up

For some reason my countertop in my bathroom has started attracting more and more stuff. First it was just the vitamins and lotion, then a box of hand soap, then one day I needed to use the peroxide and the day before this little intervention, I had used the curling iron. It was the day that I did my photo shoot.

I woke up the next morning and let out an audible gasp when I walked into the bathroom. So I grabbed my camera, took a shot and spent the next 15 minutes cleaning the bathroom. I even went through the two drawers in the cabinet and overhauled those as well.


Of course I cleaned the sink, the toilet, the floors and mirrors while I was there. Can you sigh now? That sigh of relief? Yep, I did a big sigh too. Normally I would put the lotion away as well, but I've been using it several times a day since it's been out, so I'll keep it out until Florida decided to warm back up. I got a nice watch/bracelet for Christmas and I've been wanting to wear it, so setting it on the counter has helped me remember to slip it on. In a few weeks I'll stick it back in the drawer and hopefully I will have gotten used to wearing it by then.

The little white basket thing on the back of the tank is a woven basket from IKEA. It perfectly holds a box of kleenex. I love it. I've never had a kleenex box holder before - I've just always had the marbled box sitting on the tank - but I love the basket.

I was surprised how little time it actually took to clean up the bathroom - it was just stuff sitting out, not anything gooey or anything - so I just put stuff back where it once belonged. It's been a week, and the counter looks exactly the same, although I bet it needs a dusting in the corners.

Hope you are having a great Sunday (or Monday or Tuesday or or or)
Kristin

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I put lotion in a pretty soap (pump) dispenser so I leave it out all the time.

We also have dishwashing liquid in a dispenser on one side of the kitchen sink, hand soap in another on the other side.

Kristin - The Goat said...

I have a glass bottle for my dishsoap in the kitchen - but since I use the lotion so seldom, in the bathroom, I never thought about putting it in a dispenser. Good idea!

Anonymous said...

To me it's hard to put stuff up that I know I'm going to be using again the next day. I'm just lazy like that! :)

"J" said...

Great clean up!!!! =) Good job!!!! Since we've came back from Ohio...I've made it a point to keep the bathroom sink/counter top clean!!!!! =)

Shelley @ My Treasure Hunt said...

I love the colors in your bathroom, my counters are such a mess most of the time, full of lotions, toothpaste, straightener, etc.! It feels SO good to clean it up! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!!

Kristin - The Goat said...

shelley - Thanks! I love the color in my bathroom - it is either Peppermint or Aloe (nearly identical colors) but the one in the bathroom is a little lighter. The paints are from Sherwin Williams.