Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Geckos and Gum

I went wandering around a neighborhood today, with my camera, trying to find some interesting things to shoot. I found quite a few things. But these two made me smile.


This barn is a bird feeder. When I zoomed in on the feeder, that's when I saw the geckos! I kept getting closer and closer so I could clearly see both of them. I think they really like the barnyard!


As I was walking up the street I noticed this utility pole with this metal cover with all of these pebbles glued to it.


As I got closer to examine the pebbles I realized that it was gum! Hundreds of pieces of gum! I was actually chewing a piece of gum at the time and was sooooo tempted to add mine to the art project, but decided that I didn't need to leave my mark.

When I got this photo uploaded and cropped was when I saw the gecko on the gray box on the left hand side. Those little guys are everywhere!

Hope you have a great day!
Kristin

8 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

There's a tree in DC, right outside the house where Lincoln died across the street from Ford's Theater whose trunk is soooooo covered in gum you can't see any more trunk!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, these are fabulous and funny pictures! thanks for posting.

Barbara Martin (@Reptitude) said...

You do too need to leave your mark -- you go right back there and stick a gum on that pole!! Then stick a pebble in the gum for good measure. That is craaaaazy! (And the geckos by the barn are perfect.)

jb said...

Manatee mailbox! Manatee mailbox! Pelican planter! Pelican planter!
The gum really grosses me out (too many years in food service!)

Mrs4444 said...

Kristin, these are awesome!! You should join up with Weekly Winners on Sunday. (www.sarcasticmom.com)

Pink Heels said...

The pole of gum is an amazing optic illusion. Fascinating! If only that pole could talk...lol.

Sharinskishe said...

That Gum Pole is very interesting. I have never seen anything like it. I'm glad Keetha has, so I know that Jacksonvillers aren't the only crazy ones!! LOL......

I absolutely love the Geckos and the Barn! I want to steal, borrow your photo for my computer background!! I love red barns and I love geckos- what could be more perfect?

Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos with us. Have an awesome day!!

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

The Geckos are cute but the pole is kinda gross.