Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Freight


What do you do when it's the end of the day and the shutter on the camera has not clicked once?  or the jaunt out of the house entailed going to the post office and right back home?  It means that not much exciting has happened and so it's back into the archives to find something fun to talk about.

You see, seriously, all I've been doing is getting myself ready for my trip and getting mad at the mortgage company - and who wants to hear that tune.  I do think I got the mortgage problem solved, though so that's good.



December 2008 - the Christmas Cruise to the Bahamas.  We were slowing closing in on the port when I saw these containers all sitting in the freight yard.  The containers look so small en mass like this.  When placed on the back of a semi truck they look giant! but stacked on the dock like they are and loaded onto the ship, they are just a colorful pattern.  Be sure and click on the photos to see a larger view. 



Here the containers look truer to scale since we are so much closer - but that's not the reason I took this photo.  I took it because I'd never seen a "Tropical" container before!  Cheap Thrills, I know. 

I'm sending out tropical vibes to all of my Northern friends :) 

I know you all are searching for sunshine. 

I'll make sure I have something sunny to post each day until I go to Rome.  Maybe I'll even get out of the house and take some sunshiny pictures!

Have a fabulous day!
Kristin

2 comments:

Olive Rue said...

These are amazing and so artsy. You have just answered a question that has been on my mind for over a year now. When I was in Charleston last year I saw those huge cranes and I didn't know what they were. Now, I see they are for loading and unloading freight. Hmmm! Thanks, Kristin.

Seriously, I think you should put these on Etsy. Reminds me of a patchwork quilt.

Anonymous said...

haha .. thanks for more sunshine!