Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Younger by the Day

I looked at this book yesterday and had to laugh. A real out loud laugh. Look at all of those page markers! I guess I like a few things in this book - ya think?

This book is "Younger by the Day" by Victoria Moran. It is a page a day type of book, but you can start at any time. The subtitle on the book is..."365 Ways to Rejuvenate Your Body and Revitalize Your Spirit." She talks about foods to eat, foods to avoid, skin treatments, doctor visits, meditation and beauty products. She talks about keeping friends that give you joy, to celebrate your own holidays like March 4th (Marching forth into your life!) and to get rid of everything that is weighing you down. I read the entire book in a few days when I first bought it a few years ago. I just HAD to see what she would say next. After I read the entire book I started reading a "day" each night before I went to bed. It is such a nice way to end my day.

This book makes a great gift, too. I gave one to my Mother a year or so ago and she has really enjoyed it. We still talk about days to each other. It helps if the person is open to some New-Age ideas about motivation, meditation, even eating vegetarian - but you don't have to be. I am not a vegetarian and don't ever plan on being one, but I can hear someone talk about it for a page or two and I certainly like vegetarian meals. I don't meditate, as in spending 30 - 40 minutes sitting quiet in my meditation nook, but I do spend one or two minutes sitting still in a quiet room once a day. Obviously by all of the page markers I found a lot to love.

If you decide to get this book, go back to Victoria's website and download the Younger by the Day checklist. (It's at the bottom of the page)

Have a wonderful day,
Kristin

2 comments:

Julie said...

I'm adding it to my book list, thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the suggestion! My mom would love something like this.