Saturday, May 24, 2008

Aluminum Foil

I just read this blog Because Wendi Said So and she posted something that was totally cool. Something I had never noticed before. I've used this product for years (although I have to admit, not very often) but still, I never noticed.

Wendi wrote it so beautifully, I'm just going to quote it right here...


I have been using aluminum foil for more years than I care to remember.

I love the product and its many uses.

Sometimes it can drive me nuts.

Like when I am trying to tear off a large sheet of the stuff and the whole darn roll comes out of the box.

Then you have to try and re-roll the foil back on the roll.

Let's face it.... it never goes back on easily.

Or very "prettily".

Pay attention, this is where the sharing comes in.

The email "tip" I received said to read the end of the Aluminum foil box.

Well, of course I did.

Don't tell me you are not already in your kitchen drawer digging out your box.

I know you are.

Right on the end it says, "Press here to lock end."

Are you kidding me?

All these years of fighting the AF roll and I could have just pressed and locked?

How long has this little locking tab been there?

I have some Aldi brand Aluminum Foil and Saran Wrap.

That means it is generic.

Guess what?

Press and lock tabs there too.

If you already knew this... simply close this window and step. away.

Don't make me feel dumber than I already feel.

If I have just shared with you the secret to a happier relationship with your food coverings:



I just looked at my own Reynold Wrap & sure enough, that little locking tab is there -- How Cool!! It doesn't completely lock the roll from turning, but it certainly does slow it down so that you really can't unroll a mile of it quickly.

Thanks Wendi for that awesome tip!

Have a great day!
Kristin

No comments: