Thursday, January 07, 2010

Friday Fragments



Mrs. 4444, from Half-Past Kissing Time, hosts Friday Fragments each week. I have been scribbling little notes all week to add to my fragments post and I have left that note pad in the car.  So this post is going to be really fragmented!  Please visit Mrs. 4444's Fragmented post so you can find even more severely fragmented posters like me.


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

 I'm the proud owner of the 75th Anniversary edition of Gone With The Wind.  It came to me wrapped in StarWars wrapping paper with a Santa post it with the name Bob on it.  I'm so excited!  Thanks Bob!!  (My dear friend - we both call each other Bob - sent it to me)  It was a movie that I love dearly, but I don't think I would have ever purchased it.  ...but now that I have it, I've put it on twice!   Bob and I don't normally exchange gifts (or we haven't exchanged gifts in several years), so this was an unexpected delight!

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


photo taken by Bob

This same friend is the one who has been wanting to get her paws on green bunny.  I finally gave in and sent it to her.  I loaded up bunny in a box full of cotton balls.   I thought it was only appropriate to do so.  Afterall, bunny does dispense cotton balls from her bunny tail.

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


I still have my tree up.  I still have my tree up and have turned the lights on each evening.  I still have my tree up, the lights on and the stockings hung on the door knobs of my entertainment center.  I bet I'll get everything put away in the next week or so, but I have to say that I love the Christmas tree lights so much that I could almost have them up through the entire winter.

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

Now that it's the new year I've been thinking about all of the things I'd like to do as a 365 day project or as a 52 week project.  Now it's nearly the 8th and I feel like I can't begin any of these projects because I didn't start on the first.  It's so silly.  I can start at any time, just like I did my blogging.  but I still feel like I've missed out.  Funny, huh?

However - if you are trying to do something several times a week and would like a handy dandy little PDF to mark off your victories - go on over to the The Small Object Steno Pad and grab the free resolution calendar.   I love it!

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

My husband, Tom, went to a wedding with a friend in 1974 (or thereabouts.)  On the ride down from Lake Superior State in the Upper Pennisula of Michigan all the way to Gary, Indiana this guy (I think Tom said his name was Cowboy) talked about the band that was going to play at the reception.  He said that the band was going to be famous some day real soon.  So my husband said that he was so very anxious to hear this band and see if his friend was just telling tales.    I just asked him if he actually liked the band and he said not really.  But what does he know.  The band that played at that wedding and who did become famous was Styx and the drummer was the groom's brother.

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

I found this incredibly creative anniversary gift that someone made for their spouse.  It involved postage and envelopes - two of my favorite things.   You must click over and see what Emily at Wide Open Spaces did for her husband.  I am truly amazed at the creativity that some people possess.

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

I hope that Twenty Ten has started off on the right foot and that the rest of the year is fabulous.  Have a delightful weekend and I hope to see you back here next week if not sooner!  Thanks Mrs. Fours for hosting Friday Fragments each week. 

Have a great day!
Kristin


12 comments:

mimbles said...

Awww :-) Green bunny is very cute!

My tree is down but there are still a few decorations hanging around and a couple of strings of lights still out in the garden. We'll probably bundle the last of it away this weekend.

Happy FF!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I'm so glad the bunny found its way home - I was beginning to think you were going to keep him forever! lol
We just took our tree down this past Sunday. I was kind of sad to see it go.

j said...

You are WAY generous to give your bunny away. But it doesn't surprise me that you would do that :)

How absolutely COOL that your husband got to see Styxx before they made it big!

Have a great weekend Kristin!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Oh good, I'm not the only one that still has my tree up and turn on the lights each day. ;)

That bunny is too cute! Love that you packed it with cotton balls...genius! :)

That's too funny that Styx played at a wedding your hubby went to way back when! Very cool!

Keetha Broyles said...

I am soooooo sad to see bunny go. Such a sad day.

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Can I puh-lleeeeeze come over and watch GWTW with you? That is my all-time favorite movie. I almost named G "Scarlett", but didn't... although her name does connect to the movie in a way!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I know that Bob will be very nice to green bunny.

That's the best part after Christmas is to actually relax and enjoy the lights on the tree. I do that too!

Styx, that is awesome. When you mentioned the 70's I thought about my husband and I honeymooning at Mackinac Island and also doing a tour at Kellogg's in Battle Creek!

Crazee Juls said...

That green bunny is cute, cute!

My tree is up too-sista... I'm a procrastinator--but I think I might steal your reason for still having it up, if friends stop by. Ha :) Have a great weekend.

mub said...

I only took my tree down on Wednesday. I kinda wish I left it up *L*

You know, I've never actually SEEN Gone With the Wind. Maybe I ought to put that on my list of things to do!

denise said...

wow i love your random and often helpful and inspiring fragments every friday...finally did one of my own and linked back to you (ok, a day late!) will miss the little bunny and cotton balls...love the anniversary gift...still have our tree and lights up...love the styxx story...music always connects so much of my life...still going to miss that bunny (had to say it one more time)

Claudya Martinez said...

I'm so sad to see the bunny go. I've gotten quite attached to that little guy. Happy trails, bunny.

Mrs4444 said...

My nativity scene is the only thing still up; I don't have a plan for putting it away. Guess that means I probably should start a list of to-do's...

Styx, huh? That's a great story.

Enjoy the lights and the movie! :)