Wednesday, July 09, 2008

WFMW - File Folder Labels

My tip this week for Works for Me Wednesday is something that has made my bill paying/filing a bit easier. It isn't earth shattering, but for me, it works. It works Great!!

I am a visual girl.

I need a picture, a logo, a color - something to trigger my brain.

Somewhere in the vastness of the Internet I found this tip - and now I'm passing it on to you. (I looked for the original post, but I couldn't find it)

This picture is of my file folders.

I used the original insert for the folder tabs to get the correct dimensions for the labels.

I then used the original logo from one of my bills (I just cut out the corner) for each tab.

I just held the original tab over the logo and cut around it, to make it the perfect size.

I put the small little piece of paper into the label and then onto the folder.

Filing my bills is so much easier now. It seems silly that a little logo makes my life easier, but it does. I have the paid bill in hand, I open the drawer and I SEE the logo. I file the bill. Done. I don't have to read the labels, I don't have to look through the files six times before I finally see what I was looking for. I don't have to alphabetize the folders. I just look for the logo and file. Easy!

Please leave a comment for me, if you will and when you are finished, please go to Shannon's blog, Rocks in My Dryer, for more tips and tricks to make your life easier.

Have a Great Day!
Kristin

16 comments:

CityStreams said...

What a great idea! Right now, I just pass the bills to Hubby. But I might try this and see if he likes it. It would certainly make things easier for me!

sweetlittlelife said...

That is brilliant! I have my bills in a file system similar to this, but categorizing by the actual logo would be so much easier! Thank you for this tip!

Small Town Mamma said...

Might give this a try - I am always after something to make the mountain of papers miraculously disappear!

Carol said...

How organized!! I love your tabs!

Anonymous said...

clever!

"J" said...

I love it! You ROCK! Thanks for sharing that! =)

I've missed you!

I did 2 post today! My friend is doing a wedding contest fro me...so I blogged about that and I posted another pic post from when Lil Miss "H" was here! I'm working on getting caught up on you now! =)

((((HUGS))))

The Momster said...

That is a great idea - of taking the visual and making it work for you - I'm going to have to copy this one :)

Anonymous said...

Very creative idea!!

Mandy said...

Great idea! Very colory (is that a word??) and eye catching!

Audra Krell said...

I love fun tips like this to make my office a better place. Thanks so much for sharing this!

Anonymous said...

Love, love this idea! I also get overwhelmed by the number of tabs staring at me when the drawer opens - this would help!

ttelroc said...

I'm so glad you all like this idea. I hope that a few of you do this!

Thanks for all the comments!
Kristin

Finding Normal said...

Oh, good idea! I don't even save paid bills. Probably should.

Unknown said...

I love the visual too! Great tip.

Anonymous said...

Very Cool! I don't file by company, but by category, but I can already see the possibilities. If I ever get around to actually DOING this, I'll post a photo and give you credit in a link! Thanks!

LLG Denise said...

picture perfect, great tip.