Friday, September 05, 2008

The Cat

I live in a condo.

The door to the master bedroom is located off of the main living area. If someone goes to bed, the noise or lights are disturbing. We usually shut the door to the bedroom if someone is in the livingroom, but the cat - dear Mocha - she wants to be in both places.

She loooooves to lay on the bed.

She also looooooves to sit with me on the couch.

If my husband is out in the livingroom and I'm in bed - she's with me. It isn't even an option, she is my girl.

However, my husband usually goes to bed before me and Mocha wants to go in and out of the bedroom.

In and Out

In and Out

I shut the door to the bedroom as much as possible and I finally taught her how to open the door by herself, instead of sitting next to the door and letting out a "mournful kitty cry" as I call it. Now she just flips the door open and lets all the light from the livingroom bathe the bed with light.

(Insert a line from the movie Gremlins "Bright Light, Bright Light")

It really isn't a good set up.

The cat, dear Mocha, sleeps on my side of the bed. If I'm in the bed, she sleeps either at my feet, with a paw resting over my ankle or she lays the entire length of my leg, touching my leg of course. When I am not in bed, she lays at the very top of the bed. If I don't pull the cover up over my pillow, she will lay her head on it. The spot where my neck and shoulders touch the bed - That's her spot.

I just peeked in the bedroom - she's there. Top of the bed. That means my pillow and the neck and shoulder sleeping area is going to be about 150 degrees. Cats are like little purring blast furnaces.

My husband is snoring and the cat probably is too. What a pair.

I really need to go to bed, it's nearly 2am.

Not sure what this was about, but I thought I'd tell you about the bed, the cat, the lights and poor planning of the bedroom with its approximation to the noisiest part of the house.

Have a great day!
Kristin

1 comment:

"J" said...

That cracks me up! I've NEVER been much of a cat person but your cat sounds as cool as a cat can be!!!! =)