Monday, January 05, 2009

I cleaned my room

I cleaned my bedroom today. I cleaned the walls, the ceiling, floors, baseboards, under the bed, dressers, ceiling fan, duvet cover, sheets - everything.

For the past 10 years or so I have been a stickler for not allowing anything into the bedroom that doesn't belong there. Baskets of laundry only get to come in if I'm putting it away. If the living room is cluttered and I need to put stuff away quickly (stash and dash) it cannot, will not and won't go into my bedroom.

My bedroom is my sanctuary.

When I walk into the room in the middle of the night, there is nothing to trip over. No shoes, no clothing, nothing on the floor. I love it that way.

Dusting, however, was a totally different story.

We keep a ceiling fan running most of the time, so the tops of things seem to accumulate kitty fur. Even the fan blades had been ignored for a few months (although I do those fairly often.) Today however, I got out the vacuum and started pulling things out from the walls, vacuuming behind them, the corners where the walls and ceiling meet, the tops of picture frames and even the doorframes. I dusted and vacuumed and washed and mopped.

It was a very productive few hours and hopefully my stuffed up nose will appreciate it tomorrow!

Now my bedroom really is a sanctuary. Tide Clean!

4 comments:

"J" said...

I sooooooooooooooo need to go with that rule in our bedroom!!!! lol

Mr. "S" will just throw my shoes (FLIP FLOPS) in a pile when I get to many piled up at the front door!!! It drives me NUTS!!! I guess I need to learn to put them away before he does!!! HE HE!!!

Sam said...

you're good!!! I don't treat my bedroom like a sanctuary and then wonder why I don't sleep well sometimes! I really should sort it out!

Sheila @ Dr Cason.org said...

I've been on a cleaning spree too! Guam has mold a lot of mold and you have to stay on top of it before it over takes you!

Anonymous said...

FirstHusband and I had a goal to turn our bedroom into a sanctuary over the Christmas break. We're working on it, but it's not done. I posted photos.

I seem to use my room as a holding place for charity giveaway when I go through the upstairs. I need to STOP doing that. Seriously. I need to STOP.