Monday, June 23, 2008

Happy Anniversary


Today is a big day.

June 23rd.

June 23rd, 2001 - Tom and I got married.

June 23rd, 2002 - We hosted the Henry Reunion in our backyard. Our first anniversary and our first Henry Reunion that we hosted. It was a lot of fun.


Six and a half years before our wedding - to the day...

Dec 23rd, 1994 - Our first date.



Eleven years later...

Dec 23rd, 2005 - Tom's liver transplant surgery.


Tom and I have always celebrated December 23rd more than the wedding anniversary and when his liver transplant came on the 23rd of December, it became an even bigger deal. I think we have been apart on our wedding anniversary more often than we have been together. I don't think we've missed a December 23rd.

I will be picking Tom up at the airport tonight, so we'll probably have a "romantic" dinner at the Steak and Shake on the way home.

I hope you all have a great day and enjoy one of my favorite days!
Kristin


**A friend of mine just commented that the shadows behind Tom's head make it sort of look like he has a mullett. LOL It's a shadow, I promise, it's a shadow.

2 comments:

Genny said...

Happy Anniversary!

LLG Denise said...

y'all so cute. happy anniversary. Nice that you passed that beautiful dress forward.