Saturday, June 07, 2008

Listography


My sister, Alison, got me this book (journal-type book) that is called Listography. She said that she knows how much I love to make lists and maybe this would be a fun book to fill in. The illustrations are a hoot, too.

When she gave it to me, I just casually flipped through it and looked at the pictures and some of the titles of the lists. It looked like something fun and I was excited to start coming up with things to fill the book, even though I still had no idea what it was all about. When I actually spent some time looking at it, I realized what the intention of the book was...


"Listography, the book, is designed to help you create your autobiography through list making."


What an absolutely cool idea!!

The very first list is "list the pets you've had and their names." There are a few of the usual suspects - list your favorite books, your favorite movies - but there are some really off the wall lists like, "List the ways you've changed since you were a teen," and "list the things people should remember you for," and "list your best purchases."

How fun!

I am so glad that Alison thought of me when she saw this book. I am going to fill up as much as possible. I'm not sure I can fill in each list section, though, there is just something incredibly personal about "list the strangest places you've had sex" and I honestly don't think I want that in my autobiography...even in a list!

Have a great day.

***Check out the website. You can post your lists online for free and you don't even have to buy the book. www.listography.com

Kristin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you like it!
Love you, AA