Friday, June 27, 2008

S, M, L, XXL

T-shirts, Baseball Shirts, Sweatshirts.

Small, Medium, Large and Larger still.

I have hundreds of shirts from a business that is out of business.

I want to give them away to people who need clothes and don't care that the store is out of business.

I have been wanting to give these shirts away for quite some time, but I don't want to dump several hundred shirts off to GoodWill or the Salvation Army. There is no way they could sell that many shirts that all look the same. These things need to go to a disaster site - where people really need to have clothing.

I'm wondering if there is any aid being sent to the flooded areas of the U.S.?

I have looked all over Jacksonville, FL for someone sending aid to them. I've been looking for a truck going North with supplies.

After hurricane Katrina there were trucks and buses and donation stations and and and. I could find a truck on every corner that was going to help New Orleans.

I'm wondering...since the flood is still flooding and still breaking through levees if this is the reason why there isn't a big rush to get aid to them or why I haven't found donation stations.

My goal is to get this clothing that I have sitting in my garage sent to people who would really appreciate having a clean shirt.

I've now put that out into the Universe.

I bet I'll find a truck in the next few days.

Thanks!!
Kristin

1 comment:

LLG Denise said...

I've caught up and still not met the missionaries! Did you get rid of the shirts before you cleaned your closet? Where'd you send them?