Wednesday, June 11, 2008

WFMW Mopping the floor



I love a great product. Mostly I love a product that works as its supposed to and is easy to use. When I had my bamboo floors installed a few years ago I was given the Bona mop kit.



Oh be still my heart.

I love this product.

I love this product so much, that the other day I took a whole bunch of pictures of the steps taken to mop the Bona way.

Here we go!


Here is the mop handle and base. (and my floors)

This is the bottom side of the base -- the two strips are one half of the velcro.

This is the gorgeous, soft, fibrous, thick and thirsty removable mop cloth that velcro's right onto those two strips on the mop base.

Now here's the beauty. You just rinse the mop cloth under hot water. You can use a floor cleaner (my kit came with one) but I just use water. Hot water.


Then you wring out the mop cloth and place it on your mop base.

This is a dry cloth being placed on the mop base - I forgot to take a picture of it going on wet.


This is the wet cloth firmly placed on the mop base. Now go mop!

The mop cloth slides nicely on the floors - bamboo, wood, tile or any smooth surface safe for mopping. There is enough grip, to remove stubborn spots, but it still just soft as can be. I usually mop 10-20 strokes and then go rinse off the mop cloth and replace it on the mop base.

I have found a wonderful white fluffy duster also from Bona that goes onto my mop base. I love that, too. It picks up all kinds of debris from the floors.

I did find a lesser quality blue mop cloth - it has little bits of plastic in it. You can feel the rough plastic. It doesn't work. Don't buy it. It is cheaper, but it doesn't work. Buy the mop cloth that when you feel it, you could imagine sleeping on it. LOL

The mop cloth goes into the washer and dryer. I toss it in with my dishtowels. Don't use fabric softener on this load.

I love this product.

I love how my floors look.

I love how easy it is to mop.

Leave a comment if you'd like & be sure to check out Rocks in My Dryer for more tips and tricks from other folks. It's one of my favorite days - Works for me Wednesdays.

Have a great day!
Kristin


7 comments:

Audra Krell said...

I use the BONA also on my wood floors and love it! My favorite part is putting it in the washing machine, I feel like that makes it really sanitary for the next time.

Unknown said...

I will have to go check this out - sounds like it would be perfect for my floors. Thanks for the tip!

Wani said...

Thanks for sharing! I put off mopping as much as possible. I'm an awful housekeeper... sigh... I'm a work in progress.
Thanks for stopping by Wani's World.

Erin K. said...

Ooooo - I'm going to have to check this out! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Wow! THANKS for all the photos and the detailed info! I'm going to check this out!

LLG Denise said...

YOU are just a cleaning FOOL!

Jessica A. Murray said...

Nice post!! Thank for sharing your experience with cute photos.I also trying.