Friday, June 20, 2008

Straws

My Favorite Drinking Straws

I really like to drink from straws. I drink a lot of water and water just seems to go down so much easier and with less spillage if I can drink with a straw.


My favorite straws are the thick plastic straws. Not the throw away ones. They are hard, will never bend and are sold at fine retail stores such as Target and Pottery Barn.


I found a set of 6 straws at Target two years ago in the summer picnic section of the store. They were these really nice clear straws with Aqua colored dots on them. They are very nice, although I always wanted the opening to be a bit larger.


Today while I was wandering through Pottery Barn at the St. John's Town Center (a really cool shopping adventure!) I spotted a set of 10 straws in the clearance section of the Summer area. I don't understand why there is a summer clearance section already -- it is only the 20th of June. I know it's a hundred degrees here in Florida, but it doesn't seem like summer should be on clearance already...but I digress.


The Pottery Barn straws have a larger interior but are also longer. This is great, because I usually drink my water out of a 32 ounce cup and the shorter straws barely made it to the rim of the cup.


If you bite into one of these hard plastic straws, they don't bend or break and I have yet to see teeth marks in them.
I just love these straws. Now that I have a 16 of them, I think I'll be set for the next 20 years.


This should really be a Works for Me Wednesday post... because these straws do work for me!


Have a Great Day!


Kristin

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have NEVER seen straws like this. Where have I been?

When not at home, I ALWAYS drink out of straws because I worked at McDonalds as a teenager and I've seen an entire sleeve of cups dropped and rolled on the floor and then picked up and put in the cup dispenser. ewwww.

I worked in a restaurant for five shifts and saw a crate of glasses, stored rim down, placed on the floor. ewwwww.

I'm going to look for these! Drinking from straws also helps reduce cavities!

ttelroc said...

You worked in a restaurant for only 5 shifts - that's funny!

I have only seen these hard straws in the summertime. The Pottery Barn here had quite a little mountain of these - let me know if you can't find them and I'll pick up a set for you.

Have a great day!
Kristin

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Neat! I love drinking from straws too.

Anonymous said...

Pottery Barn . . . thanks! I'll check it out!

Kristen M. said...

Cute. I've never seen straws like this before. Up through college I was a straw junkie too.