Friday, September 25, 2020

Rubber band storage

 Rubber Band Storage


In true collector style I can't throw anything away that might be useful, so the rubber bands I'm talking about are not the rubber bands for your hair, I'm talking about the ones that come from produce or other types of packaging.  I have a whole doorknob full of them.  I see that we even had one that has a US flag attached to it.  I guess I didn't realize that until I photographed it.  

We get those very small diameter bands, that are very thick, from broccoli.   The other common type we get are the teeny tiny thin ones from green onions.  No junk drawer for these beauties,  they are on full display 24/7, right on the pantry doorknob in the kitchen.  

I used two of the broccoli bands just the other day.  I was taking a frozen cube of soup to a friend and we weren't going directly there, so I needed a little freezer pack.  Since we haven't been going anywhere I took all of the freezer packs out of the freezer, no sense wasting valuable freezer space.  While searching the freezer for something other than ice cubes, I found two 8 oz blocks of frozen cheese. The cheese worked perfectly to pack the soup and the rubber bands of course, held it altogether.  I seriously felt like a fool presenting my friend with this cobbled together gift but it worked! The soup arrived just as frozen as when I packed it.  


My friend didn't want the cheese, so I came home with the cheese and the two rubber bands, just in case you were desperately wondering.  

I don't need to extol the virtues of rubber bands, but it is nice to be reminded how handy they are.  

Here's the question begging to be asked!  So where do you keep your rubber bands? Do you have a specific spot, are they in a drawer, in a cup, hanging on a binder clip somewhere?  Do you throw them away?  Tell me.  Inquiring minds want to know.


Have a great day!
Kristin



1 comment:

Toosie said...

I keep my rubber bands all together in a plastic bag, recycled from prescriptions from Publix.