Saturday, February 03, 2018

Currently, this week

week of Jan 28th - Feb 3rd 2018



I've thought this was a neat list to use, but never had.  I don't think it would be enjoyable to me, to do every day, but for some reason it felt like the perfect thing to for this week.  I thought about this image several times recently and I've learned, when you think about something several times, you might as well use it or acknowledge it.  So I did both. 

Photo by sean Kong on Unsplash

Thinking - My husband had trigger finger surgery on Monday.  He actually had two fingers that locked on him, so he had them both done at the same time.  So, I've been thinking about what his hand will look like when we take off the bandages tomorrow.

Enjoying - Since Steve has been relegated to the couch for the past several days, I have been enjoying having him near me for so many hours of the day.

Photo by Trinity Treft on Unsplash

Feeling - Excited!  I started painting a cabinet today.  I can't wait to see what it's going to look like in a couple of days!

Wearing - A new bag. I had used my previous bag for over two years.  It was time to give it up. This is one of the many bags we sell in our Zazzle store,  I love the watercolor designs and they are really beautiful on these bags. 

Needing - Very little.  I can't even think of anything I need right now, except for Steve's hand to heal perfectly.

Photo by Sami Mititelu on Unsplash

Wanting - Wanting, now there's something that I always have a long list.  Lately though, I have been wanting to go an auction.  I miss the excitement of the bidding and seeing all the goodies up for sale. We don't need anything new introduced into our home, so I've avoided the auctions.  No more stuff, I keep telling myself.  No more stuff. 

Listening - to music and lots of it, which is unusual for me. I host a trivia show on Tuesday nights and I need music for the show, so I've been putting together music playlists.  It's been a lot of fun.

Photo by Edgar Castrejon on Unsplash

Making - Food!  Goodness, ever since I have self diagnosed myself with an intolerance for MSG and Free Glutamic Acid, I have been cooking at home a lot.  Half the fridge is full of food I made that somehow has something in it that I can't eat and the other half is safe food.  We learned this past week that meat cooked in a slow cooker is poison to me.  Hard lessons.

Eating - Almonds.  Some friends of ours from California brought us almonds from their farm and they are the best raw almonds I have ever tasted.

Photo by Ethan Sykes on Unsplash

Drinking - Water.  We have the best water at our house - I love our reverse osmosis water system.  I will do almost anything to not buy water.  I take a gallon or two with us on our vacations and always take water with us when we go out.  If I buy bottled water, I feel like I'm buying water two or three times because I've already purchased water at home from the city and again when we purchased the reverse osmosis system (and filters, although they last a couple years.)  So why shell out more money for bottled? 


That's it for now.
Have a great day!

Kristin

No comments: