Thursday, November 01, 2018

Mini cupcakes


Have you ever gotten a pack of those mini cupcakes?  Our local Publix Supermarket has these all the time and usually around a holiday they come decorated in the current theme.


At our monthly potlucks, someone always seems to bring a pack of these and they are so good -- but I can never figure out how to get them out of the plastic without picking up the whole thing or getting my fingers into all of the surrounding cupcakes.

I know it may not seem like a big deal, but I was thrilled to pieces when I discovered how to pick them up!  We had a pack of these mini cupcakes left at our house from our Halloween party last weekend.  We had so many desserts that this little mini pack was totally ignored and wasn't opened.

So here I was, at home and looking for a treat and those mini cupcakes were just staring at me.  Since I was home and not in public, I was able to make a mess trying to get the first few cupcakes out of the plastic container.  At some point, after dinner a few days later, I had a fork in my hand while going by the cupcakes.  I realized I could stab my fork into one and pull it right out!!


I swear lightning struck.  The cake came right out.  I didn't have to try to push from the bottom, touch other cakes or get frosting all over my knuckles.  It was pure genius.  Even if it took me three tries to spell genius, it was a genius move.  Trust me.

The next time we have potluck - I'm going to put a couple forks into the mini cupcakes and I bet it will catch on and there will never me any leftover minis.

Enjoy your day!
Kristin

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Great idea! Way to go....