Tuesday, March 06, 2012

The Realomatic



I purchased several boxes of  slides at an estate sale awhile back.  All of them say "Realomatic" on the top and sides.  I may have to disassemble one of those box tops and frame the darned thing because I have got to get real.  There is just no way at this point, that I'm going to be able to blog every day or even post a photo a day.  I tried, I really did, but I'm in way over my head.  It seems like every time I start to think about something fun or start editing photos I burst into tears.  This is not a way to write a blog!  Well, not the type of blog that "I" want to write or read.

...and it's not every time, but it sure feels like it.

I called a friend of mine who lost her dog years ago.  I knew she had a hard time with his death and my Mom even suggested that I might like to give her a call - well, she didn't tell me anything that I didn't know already, but it was good to know that I wasn't totally off my rocker.  It was also great to talk to another Mom figure without it being mine.  She suggested that I talk to my Dr and that it took her six months or a bit more to get over the daily sadness over the loss.  I'm into month three.  My antiquing is certainly a distraction, but given the slightest chance to get emotional about anything, I fall off the deep end.  It's not always just about my dear Mocha.

Yes, yes, I have an appt. to see my Doctor.
We'll see what he has to say about all this.

On a brighter note - I am having a lot of fun with the antique booth.  There is no question about that.  I even rented a second space in a brand new mall and I may even rent a third.  The second space isn't open yet, but should be by the first of April.  I sure hope so because I have totally run out of space to store all of this stuff.  I'm also needing a place to sand and paint, but I've filled my garages so full that I have to haul the stuff outside of the garage and I'm not so sure the condo association is too keen on that type of activity.  I have two dressers to refinish, a shelving unit and several night stands to also redo.  OH and that telephone bench that I showed you all last week.  I have to do that one.  I even have a rotary dial phone to put on it - for sale of course.  

My first booth that I share with my friend Bettyann is 6' wide by 6' deep.  It's teeny tiny, but boy can we pack a lot in there.  The second booth I've rented all alone (biting my nails!) is a 10 x 11.  I can put large pieces of furniture in there, but goodness, it is going to be a challenge to keep it looking "decorated."  I'm going to have my photos for sale, too, so I'm grateful for a nice big space for those.   The ideas I have for that 10x11 are vast.  I think I have redecorated it in my mind a few million times.  I want the Grand Opening to be a smash and I want my booth to look fabulous.  Fabulous enough that everyone wants to buy everything in it!   When that happens, then I can go back to the auctions and buy more nifty stuff!


So that's the short list of what I've been doing...crying and buying.  I just hope that leads to happiness and a paycheck.

Have a wonderful week and I'll see you soon!

Kristin

6 comments:

Bill Lisleman said...

I don't think you are looking for advice. I certainly can't blog everyday. I have for a challenge once or twice but those were short. Actually I don't know why anyone tries to blog everyday. I know I don't read every post made by bloggers I follow. Who does?
Wish you the best and I enjoyed her humor in the Realomatic picture which I'm going to pin in my funny pics. thanks

LAC said...

Ah, Kristin. I have been so sick the last few weeks I really haven't been following along. I had no idea you were still so sad. I wish I could make it better, I really do. I am proud of you for following through on the advise to see the Doc. There's no shame in needing some help getitng over the hurt.

Know that you are loved and not alone! Sending a big hug! And a kiss from Miss Megan!

Bill Lisleman said...

I gave a shout out and used your pic today thanks

Rachael said...

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. It can be so hard to lose a family member like that. I love your photos, but I know I can't handle blogging every day, not even close. I'm just glad you're back!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Bless your heart, I'm so sorry your feelin' so sad, I pray that this cloud will be lifted and the sun will shine brightly on ya again.

God bless ya and have a beautiful weekend!!! :o)

Mrs4444 said...

Thank goodness it's spring; it will hopefully be easier to pull out of the dulldrums. I hope your appointment was helpful.