Sunday, January 13, 2013

Dick and Jane Book

One of my auction scores from last year (remember waaay back then in 2012?) there was a teacher edition Dick and Jane book.  It had a giant blue hard cover and a flap and snap that could turn that big book into a stand alone piece - like an easel.  The book is almost three feet tall and was designed so that the teacher could stand up in front of the class with her book and the kids would all have their books and everyone could read along.


The teacher's edition that I have is in excellent condition.  You can tell that the pages were flipped and turned a time or two, but the little ones obviously didn't get their hands on this book.


The only ruckus these pages have seen are the antics of Fluffy and Spot with Dick, Jane and Sally running behind.


Each child has their own four page section and Spot and Fluffy have a few pages each, too.




I've had these for a couple of months and I honestly can't decide how to display them and sell them in my booth.  I don't want fingers touching all of the beautiful artwork and I don't want the pages ripped or dropped.  I may have to invest in some heavy duty page protectors like I've seen for large photography.

Thankfully this book came with almost two complete sets of the same book, so I can sell one book whole and the other book as sections.

If anyone of you folks would love to own your own copy, just drop me a line and I'll get back to you about the specific sizes, price, etc.  Kirby3131@gmail.com


Bye, bye.

Just bye.

Kristin says bye!

6 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

I learned to read with Dick and Jane. Sweet!

Keetha Broyles said...


Oh how I LOVE Dick, Jane, Sally and Spot! I don't think one can TRULY learn to read without them.

LAC said...

Is it feasible to photograph it and post fliers in your booth? So only someone who is truly interested will get a chance to see it at a meet up? Just thinking out loud.

I think it would make a great series of framed art. So very retro!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Lisa, that's a great idea! Thank you for that :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a treasure you found!

Bill Lisleman said...

look look oh look see Jane blog.

You have a classic.