Tuesday, April 12, 2011

POTD - It's Patriotic


POTD - It's Patriotic
©2011 Kristin Corlett

What struck me about this building was that each window and door were different.  The boarded up windows are next to a boarded up door and a blocked in window.  The green door on the side is really skinny.  I don't think it's a standard door size.  The windows above are different, too.  One looks like it was painted and now has a hole in it and the larger window has a piece of plastic in place of glass, I think.   The colors are interesting, too - red, white, blue, black and green. All around it's just an odd looking building with a lot of character.  It sits next to the Howard Motel in Panama City, FL.

Enjoy!
Kristin

5 comments:

Caution/Lisa said...

What is that place? Is it abandoned?

Ann in the UP said...

It sort of looks like it was fashioned from spare bits, doesn't it? You are very observant. I don't know that I would have noticed all the different sizes and shapes of the openings.

Claudya Martinez said...

I love this image.

Keetha Broyles said...

It may look out of place/character for Panama City, but it would BELONG in most third world countries. In fact - - - I believe I SAW that house in Haiti. j/k

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Definitely interesting!