Sunday, April 17, 2011

POTD - Soap Box


POTD - Soap Box
©2011 Kristin Corlett

I found this soap box on the top of a cabinet in a little antique store.  It was decorated on all four sides that I could see and I'm sure the lid was adorned as well.  It was just beautifully preserved and well cared for but the price tag, in my opinion, was a little too steep..  What do you think?  What price would you pay for a 30"wide x 16" high x 12" deep box? (approx dimensions from memory - and if you know about my memory you know that I'm off by a few inches.)

1. What price would you pay?
2.  How much is the antique store asking?

I would have purchased the box for $60
The price is: (highlight the black line to reveal answer)
$185


Enjoy!
Kristin

7 comments:

Ann in the UP said...

Good grief! I'd just use it to hide clutter anyway. It's good that I cant afford it!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I think that is way over priced. I don't know what I would have paid for it but your $60. sounds good to me.

jb said...

Yup $60 is the max I would go to also! Really nice box though....

Bill Lisleman said...

I don't buy stuff like that so $60 would be too much for me. But more than double - I guess they don't do a high volume of business and need to make it on a few purchases. Hey I like that highlight the "hidden" answer thing. I've never thought of that one.

LAC said...

I prob. would pay even less than you. I would need it for a particular space in the house before I bought it. Its my new shopping strategy this year. As yard sale season begins, I want to avoid buying things, JUST BECAUSE. I have too much that needs to go as a result of impule buying other years.

I would have paid $25. Heading back to see the actual price...

Nuts, they are nuts for charging that much!!! I have seen them in PA, so they can't be that uncommon.

Keetha Broyles said...

I think it is very cute. I wouldn't mind having it.

For their price it would have stayed right on the shelf.

I would gladly have forked over $5 or $10.

Maybe I'm just a bargain shopper like that!

:-)

Mrs4444 said...

Yeah, that's a little crazy! I would pay $50.