Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Whole lotta carrots


Have you ever tried these steamfresh bags?  This is my favorite brand and type - the  Birds Eye broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.  I probably heat up 3 bags a week of this kind and 2 more bags of other veggie varieties.  Needless to say, I'm quite savvy to the product.

Yesterday when I poured the freshly steamed veggies into my strainer...


this is the assortment that I received!

That's a whole lotta carrots!  I've never seen a package so heavily weighted to one veggie. 


Goodness, I only received two little broccoli florets!

In my serving I took all of the broccoli and most of the cauliflower.

It wasn't hard to do.

I'm wondering if maybe I should send these photos to Birds Eye?  Just as an FYI, not a complaint or anything.  

Have a great day!
Kristin


UPDATE:  I received this email 4/13/11 after I sent a message explaining the situation.  I stated that I wasn't upset or anything just wanted to let them know.

Dear Valued Consumer,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us to share your concern regarding your recent purchase of Birds Eye Broccoli, Cauliflower, & Carrots. You will receive a full value coupon in the mail in seven to ten business days.

Ingredients within a product blend are proportioned by weight according to product specifications. During processing, scale mechanisms deposit the ingredients onto a belt or shaker along with the other ingredients in the recipe and are blended together just prior to packaging. We have worked diligently with our Quality Assurance teams to optimize the consistency of the mix ratios and feedback such as yours encourages us to continue improvements processes for an optimal finished product.

The quality of our products is of the utmost importance and feedback from loyal consumers like you ensure that we continue to make improvements. I trust that you will continue to use Birds Eye Broccoli, Cauliflower, & Carrots with confidence and that your next experience will be a better one.

Sincerely,

Hollie Allen
Consumer Relations Representative

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

Your photo looks nothing like the portions on the bag. Send in the photos and ask that they address the issue with quality control and check out the machines at the plant where this was all put together. You don't want to get another carrot heavy bag do you?

Cyndy Bush said...

That's kinda funny! Somebody must have eaten all the broccoli & cauliflower out of your bag.
I love those Steam Fresh veggies, especially when they go on sale; I have to buy at least two bags per meal for our family!

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh rats - - - and the carrots are my LEAST favorite of the three veggies in that blend.

I found a brand (store brand I believe) of sweet corn here that is so sweet it could be served for dessert. We LOVE it.

Bill Lisleman said...

looks like a mistake and since you have had other bags without the problem you should know. I think you have a good argument BUT I hate to confront stores and take things back. I believe my wife enjoys it (she will deny this). Either way she returns things all the time.

mub said...

I think you should tell them... the bag says broccoli, cauliflower and carrots! Not carrot, carrots, carrots, more carrots, and a little broccoli and cauliflower.

jb said...

Just send the pix to Birds Eye...they must have a 1 800 # or a website. They might send you coupons etc. I have a buddy at work who calls about her Weight Watchers frozen meals if they do not appear to have the same amount of items! No harm in letting them know!

Ann in the UP said...

I agree that it's just a temporary blip, but it couldn't hurt to call it to their attention. You are probably still going to buy their product anyway. It can't hurt that you also tipped off your 3,000 followers online. LOL

Janet said...

I usually buy the store brands of mixed veggies and I did find this amusing since it's usually the opposite for me, I never get very many carrots. I would bring it to their attention. They could have an unknown malfunction that your report could bring to light. Also a lot of companys, when you report things good or bad, will send coupons for $$ off or even a free package, bottle.. etc. just for caring enough to contact them about their products.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is a lot of carrots! I think it was a good idea to share your thoughts with them. I had to write to a company recently and they replaced my item. My leather wipes were all full of fungus in the container. I have been buying them for years and I thought they needed to know about it.