Saturday, January 19, 2008

I'm excited

I am so excited about the 101 Things to Do list -- When I first started coming up with the list a few weeks ago, I was amazed at how many things equal one hundred. It sounds funny to say it out loud, but a hundred things is a lot. I thought I had exhausted all of my brain power on coming up with this giant list and when I counted it, I was at 35! Obviously I figured out 101 Things to Do.

One of the things that I put on my original 35 was "Clean out the Storage Unit" number 25 on the list. I was just so excited to have it on my list, that I actually made a plan to get it accomplished. I found out that my next payment was due on the 13th, so in order to save an additional $190 for that month (which turns out there was a $13 rent increase, so it would have been $203) we hired a kid off of Craigs List to help us get it all out once and for all.

What a glorious day it was to have that space empty.

It all started in 2006, February I think... we moved from a large house, with a garage and an airplane hangar (not kidding!) to a smallish condo with no real long term storage. When we finally got everything moved from the old place to this place, we completely ran out of room. I had boxes and boxes piled high. Since my husband was just getting well again I had no time to sort - I had to just pack it up and move it off site. Having it all moved away was a blessing and a curse - It wasn't an urgent matter anymore and the credit card it was being charged to had lots of room on it, so I just ignored it. Dave Ramsey would call that a Stupid Tax, boy oh boy, I agree. Well, It is DONE! done done done skip skip done done done!!

I am truly excited about this.

Have a great day!

Kristin

No comments: