Sunday, October 02, 2011

The 927 Building


I left the convention center in downtown Jacksonville, FL as the sun was setting.  I was so excited seeing the gorgeous clouds behinds the palm tree fronds, that I nearly missed the newly painted building just down the street. 



The last time I saw this building it was just a boring beige.  Now it's a riot of color with blues and oranges.  I adore the arches above the windows - it really turns an average three story building into something special.


I went to 927events.com and I'm really impressed with the way the interior was renovated.  I bet it's a great place to have a party or corporate event.  The metal work is fabulous, don't you think?  It really is great branding. 


Here's the hanging sign out front of the building.  I like that the numbers are cut out of the metal, so depending on where you are standing, the numbers can take on a variety of different colors or textures. 


In case you didn't see the 927 building, you obviously didn't see the awnings, the front door, the side of the building or the hanging sign!  I understand, it's the name of their company, too, but it does seem a bit excessive. 


I used this as my photo of the day (POTD - Viking) on Friday.  I wanted to make sure that I used it with a picture of the building so it could be seen in context. 



Unknown Mami


This is just a taste of my city on this glorious Sunday.  For more Sundays In My City and in many others, please head on over to Unknown Mami.  She's the hostess for this fine event.

Have a great day!
Kristin

11 comments:

sheila said...

Beautiful all the way around! Captured very nicely!

Unknown said...

Enjoy your day. Love the photos. And our New Orleans Saints are in your town today. I hope it's a great game!

Leovi said...

Beautiful, I like the colors and details of those beautiful pictures. Greetings.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Yes it really pops!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

That's a fun, trendy looking building and it makes me want to go to Fl. Nicely done.
Happy Sunday.

42N said...

More great photos and the story was great too. Remember 9 minus 2 is...7! Cosmic.

Vidya Sury said...

927 looks fabulous. I love it when they're bold with building colors. Long ago, we used to have this building in our locality that was colored yellow and orange. They had a water tank shaped like a boat, perched at the top of the building, which was colored bright blues. :D Became the local landmark.

Loved the pictures, Kristin!

Claudya Martinez said...

Love the building and I kinda like that they put the number all over the place.

Are the palms keeping up with their Brazilians?

Shanda said...

So quaint and interesting!

Kalyan said...

Simply beautifully captured shots...lovely!

BLOGitse said...

We need more this kind of art!
I really, really like this!!!