Monday, October 17, 2011

POTD - BWL Smoke Stacks


POTD - BWL Smoke Stacks
©2011 Kristin Corlett

Industrial buildings, electrical towers, utility poles, street lights...all of these fascinate me.  I like the symmetry of them I think, but also the use and decay of these items.  The Board of Water and Light (BWL) power station and smoke stacks are an icon in Lansing and something I love to photograph each time I come to town.  A new plant is soon going to take the place of this one and Wynken, Blynken and Nod will be shut down.  I'm almost terrified, OK, so I'm being a bit dramatic here, but I'd hate to see these stacks torn down.  I have no idea of the future of the BWL smoke stacks, but they will always be a part of my memories of Lansing, MI.

Enjoy!
Kristin

(Used Pioneer Woman "Colorized"action on the photo)

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is so sad about them being replaced soon. Love what you did with this picture. The color flag makes it amazing.