Monday, February 08, 2010

POTD - Phonebook


Phonebook - by Kristin Corlett

It's an unusual photo of the day, but this is a picture of a page of the Isle of Man phonebook.  This is the Corlett page, specifically the Corlett J's - N's page.  When I was growing up there was just one other Corlett in the phone book and rarely a Corlett in any phone book in other cities.  It's just not a common name.   When we got to the Isle of Man and looked up our name there were several pages of Corlett's.  It was truly exciting.  I doubt I'll find a Corlett in the phonebook in Rome, but you know I'll look!

Enjoy!
Kristin

5 comments:

j said...

Will you forgive me if I say that made me think of the movie "The Jerk" ? Please?

I had never heard my husband's last name until I met him. When we moved to his hometown years after we married, there were SEVERAL different families with the same name. I was repeatedly asked which family I belonged to.

You know, if find a Corlett in the phonebook in Rome, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if you call them and try to meet them. What a cool blog post that would make!!

j said...

if YOU find... sheesh.

That really was cool how there were so many in the Isle of Man phonebook.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Look for Bratina!

Anonymous said...

I want you to look up my name - I was told that it was a common name in italy - like Smith is here. I'm curious if that's true.

Claudya Martinez said...

Oh boy, I have such a common last name that there are probably 6 pages of us.