Saturday, March 12, 2011

POTD - Florida strawberries are here!


POTD - Florida strawberries are here!
©2011 Kristin Corlett

Florida strawberries have arrived in our grocery stores. The first strawberries of the season are big guys and are so incredibly sweet. I don't eat strawberries very often, but I always try to buy a quart or two right at the beginning of the Florida strawberry season.

This little photo shoot was an experiment.  I took this shot on my patio while trying to keep parchment paper taped to the screen on my patio.  I need a new system to keep the bright bright sunshine toned down...or maybe if I had 8 hands.  That would have worked!  Tape doesn't stick to parchment paper.  It looks like it will, but the tiniest of breezes lets you know that it is not stuck.  It was a comedy of errors!

Enjoy the strawberries!
Kristin

4 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

There MAY be strawberries in our grocery stores, I don't know I haven't looked lately. BUT one thing I know for sure and certain - - - if there ARE strawberries in these here parts, they did NOT grow here unless they came out of a hot house.

We're still snow laden for goodness sakes!

Although, the temps this week are to remain in the 40's and 50's so that snow cover will shrink or possibly nearly disappear.

Rebecca said...

Ummmmm yummmy. I want some.

LAC said...

We think alike, yet again! I just bought some this morning at the grocery store. Florida pride!

Miss Megan had them with her lunch. :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I know that the weekend I was leaving there was going to be Strawberry Festival in Plant City!
They look delicious, love the shot.
I bought some tasty ones this week that we enjoyed yesterday.