Thursday, March 24, 2011

POTD - Ireland Post


POTD - Ireland Post
©2011 Kristin Corlett

I was thinking about sending a few letters out this week and while I was thinking about letters I started thinking about mailboxes.  I'm slightly obsessed with mailboxes, as you may have noticed if you've been traipsing around my blog for any length of time.  Well, while I was obsessing over mailboxes I started thinking about the United States Post Office mailboxes and how they are fairly ordinary.  Maybe they seem average because we see them all the time?  Then I started thinking about the round mailboxes I saw in Ireland.  Now those look cool!  ...but do they look cool to the Irish?  or are they average and boring?

These are things I ponder at 2am. 
I think I need to go to bed.

Have a great day!
Kristin

6 comments:

Ann in the UP said...

I think they are boring to the Irish. After all, to them, they're just mailboxes. Unless, of course, they have a jones for mailboxes like you do.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I think they are cool but like Ann said I imagine the Irish find them boring. I can't wait to take pictures when I'm in the UK and Paris.

Bill Lisleman said...

The UK has the same style but red. I don't remember them being green but they certainly are. When were you there?

Cyndy Bush said...

My snail mail pal sent me a keychain with a tiny red post box from England on it.
I wonder if people from the UK and Ireland think our mailboxes are cool?
Something to ponder.........

Mrs4444 said...

Good questions :)

Maria said...

That reminds me of my childhood. That's an old postbox.