Saturday, September 13, 2008

IKE



Ike is 600 miles wide.

I'm still amazed at the size of this thing.

I've got a few blogging friends in that area - one in Houston, J.

Musings from Left Field

She was told NOT to evacuate. It still makes me nervous that she's there. She sent me her list of food supplies that she purchased, so if her neighbors get hungry, they will all be able to eat for a week! She even managed to score 6 bags of ice. I think she's lost power, so that ice is coming in handy, I'm sure.

The sheer size of IKE means that millions of people are in its path. Even after it gets down to a tropical storm, millions of people are going to get a lot of rain.



A Category 2 Hurricane has winds from 96MPH - 110 MPH
A Category 3 Hurricane has winds from 111 MPH - 130 MPH

This Hurricane is at 110 MPH as of 10 pm Central time.



Be safe folks.
Kristin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm desensitized.

I just think - okay. here it comes. stock up. get somewhere secure. wait it out. recover and repair. and do it all again.

"J" said...

Hey girlie-girl.....
I'm online...via wireless (My boss just went out and bought a wireless card so we could check our work emails)! It's slow ~ soooooooooooooooooooooo slow! I'm going to TRY and do a SHORT blog post!

Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers!!! It means soooooooooooooooooooo MUCH to me!!!!!

XOXO
Jeannie