Friday, August 05, 2011

Friday Fragments


It's Friday Fragments Day!!
It's Friday Fragments Day!
It's Friday Fragments Day!
It's Friday Fragments Day!  
It's Friday Fragments Day!



Welcome to Friday Fragments!  This is the place where we're able to put little snippets of fun or interesting things together without having to stretch that idea into an entire blog post.

Mrs. 4444 is our lovely host and I am so grateful for her continued hosting of this fun carnival.  For more Friday Fragment finds, please head on over to Half-Past Kissin' Time.  Thanks!

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•



Next Thursday night is the monthly potluck dinner with our Liver Transplant Support group friends and family.  That means I am going to be spending the week trying to figure out what I'm going to make.  I plan on having a bit more time this coming week, so I can get a little more creative than usual.  I found these Petite Lasagnas on the Can You Stay for Dinner blog and they look like a lot of fun to make and take.   What would you make if you were going to a potluck dinner? 


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


Have you seen this?  It's the Truck Alphabet series from Eric Tabuchi, that I originally found on the lens culture page.  On my Scion Road Trip I kept my eyes open for my own truck alphabet and I didn't see a single one that had a letter on the back of the truck.   I think these were taken in other countries because here in the United States, there's a lot of information on the back of trucks or nothing at all.  Guess I'll have to come up with my own interesting series, huh?  Still, this is really cool :0)


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•



Have you ever mailed anything totally off the wall to a friend or relative just for the fun of it?  Well, I happened upon this fun project, that I'm going to do for my nieces and soon!  It's just too much fun.
It's called bubble wrap hopscotch and it is part of the Happy Mail project from Givers Log.  The cool thing is that this weighs under 13 oz, so it can be mailed out for cheap cheap cheap!


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


Don't you sometimes wish you could like (or dislike) everything that you come across?  I found these Facebook "style" stamps on the Playwho website.  There's a lot of fun stuff at this site - like the balancing S/P shakers, The VW bus tent (too expensive for me though!), and of course the All the cool people blog picture!


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•



I love the As Seen on TV product ads, I really do!   The exaggerated eye rolls and fumbling of keys or blankets or in this case, eggs, just makes me laugh!  The last time I made a "crack" about an as-seen-on product, one of my friends used it.  Ooops!  So what I really want to know is...

Do you find it so terribly difficult to crack an egg that you would need this product?  The Ez Cracker


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

This wasn't my typical Friday Fragments post, but I had a lot of fun stuff saved up that I just had to share.  Hope you enjoyed and please go visit other Friday Fraggers when you get a chance.  

Have a wonderful weekend!
Kristin

7 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Do you have a link for the lasagna.
I haven't seen letter either but I am certainly going to look for them! Love the hopscotch idea.
Those stamps are so funny. I wish I had papers to stamp. That would be a fun teacher gift. Cracking an egg is a no-brainer. Pretty silly invention.

Bill Lisleman said...

alphabet truck idea is great. You probably will find "how's my driving" and those chrome girlie mud flaps on the back of trucks around here.
I once sent my niece a gift that was a check for a strange amount of money. Like 63.27 - I believe she still remembers.

Ann in the UP said...

Even if you are weird, you have outdone yourself on this one. I love the truck letters!

I hate those new invention ads where people try to cram a cover over spaghetti and meatballs that are packed six inches over the top edge. Dimbulbs! But egg cracking? Still within my capabilities.

I could definitely use a dislike stamp! And I love the bubble wrap hopscotch, too.

Have you read The Time Traveler's Wife? (file that under---and now for something completely different.)

Kristin - The Goat said...

I fixed the links to the Petite Lasagnas, it now goes to the "Can you stay for dinner" blog post about the lasagna. Thanks Debbie for asking about it, I should have checked the link!

Kay said...

i love the lasagna idea!!! no kidding! i do salad of some sort. easy to toss together and salads are popular at our church.

i love the bubble wrap idea, may i steal it?? my godson would enjoy it quite a bit. my kids can even crack an egg ;-0 i like my few kitchen gadgets, but i can't litter my countertop with stuff that i can easily do with my hands, you know??

Brandi. said...

We usually do a green or pasta salad. But I really like the lasagna idea.

Your blog always has some super awesome ideas and pics. Loving the truck alphabet. It would look so great on the wall in the boys' bedroom!!

Think they'd get mad if I sent my bills with a "dislike" stamp on them??

Rachael said...

Those lasagnas look delicious! I might need to try that sometime.

I LOVE the black and white parts of infomercials where it shows people who are unable to do things like put on a blanket or wash their feet in the shower. I really want someone to make a supercut of a whole bunch of them together.