Thursday, August 11, 2011

POTD - Dublin Wash


POTD - Dublin Wash
©2011 Kristin Corlett

This is the laundromat where my husband and I spent a few hours one rainy evening in Dublin, Ireland.  I remember him asking me why in the world I was taking a picture of the washers.  I really liked the repetition, the numbers, the post-it hanging from one, and the lone backpack - not to mention all of the reflections. 

***

This was the inspiration for my Photo of the Day series (POTD) but I called it the Daily Photo at the time. (blogged here) I showed the original photo and then what ended up being the photo I liked best using a texture in Photobucket. Today my husband wouldn't even think of asking me why I was taking a picture of something off the wall, but that was three years ago. A lot has changed in three years.

I'm happy to have it as a part of my Best Of series.

Enjoy!
Kristin


5 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

It really is "best of" - I remember it!

ArtandArchitecture-SF.com said...

Love the shot, fascinating treatment.

Bill Lisleman said...

I've found the Irish have the best washers.
Can you get Guinness at the laundromat?
They pour the best pints at the Irish pubs. I have taken pictures of a pint but not while I was in Ireland. I wasn't blogging back then.

LAC said...

Wow! I think you have just inspired me with a new project... the best of... hmmmmmm!

I can't believe you are three years into the project. You have amazing determination and such a gift for seeing beauty in everyday things. You will succeed at this for many many more years.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You do the best lineup photos. I love the photobucket look to this one.