Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Doin' Laundry


This is a photo of the laundromat where my husband and I spent a few hours one rainy evening in Dublin, Ireland.  I remember him asking me why in the world I was taking a picture of the washers.  I really liked the repetition, the numbers, the post-it hanging from one, and the lone backpack - not to mention all of the reflections.

I was playing around with the photo yesterday and came up with this one, below.


It's a cropped version and enhanced using the "fresco" application in photobucket.  I love it!  I love it so much, that I may just have to print it, frame it, hang it.

I've been wrestling with the idea of getting photoshop.  I don't want to get it in a lot of ways, but when I start seeing how these photos that I take can be changed just a little and become something kind of cool - well, then I want it.

I'm really happy with the way some of photos come out SOOC (Straight Out Of Camera) and I wonder sometimes if it's wrong to tweak them.  I also know that some of my shots can be fantastic with just a bit of tweaking but right now they are duds.

I think I'm talking myself into photoshop...again.

Starting next week, I'm going to start posting a photo a day (without this much chatter!) and also a separate post on what I would usually chat about...which is who knows what!  Two posts a day! Can she do it??  LOL

Have a lovely day doing laundry!
Kristin

8 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I hope to get a new camera soon and I want to get photoshop too.

Tricia said...

Great shot! It is fun to play around with them, isn't it?!
I don't have photoshop either. I use Picnik and Photobucket. (Mostly Picnik for the more basic stuff, Photobucket if I need to add am html.)
My stepfather has photoshop and swears by it's awesomeness (nice word).

XO*Tricia

P.S. If anybody can handle 2 posts a day, it's you. ;)

Kristin - The Goat said...

Just Breathe -- I'm loving my new camera. I had NO idea how much different I feel about photography with a better camera.

Tricia - I'm a glutton for punishment lol

Keetha Broyles said...

I LOVE that laundry room photo. All the things you said and more!

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

Wow that the laundrette is so clean! Unlike some of the ones I used when I rented :(

j said...

You have an awesome eye. That is a really cool photo Kristin - before AND after!

Print it out and frame it!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I love all of your photos! Have you ever tried picnik.com? They have very cool photo enhancement features.

Mrs4444 said...

I love it, too! These are great.