Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Tryke


The large box you see is one that has been in my garage here in Jacksonville for the past several years. It holds an adult tryke. We thought that the tryke really needed to have a home where it would be used and when my mom called and asked if I could bring it with me, I was more than happy to ablige.

The guy you see standing in front of the rather large box is Kevin. He's the guy that my mom called to put together the tryke. We both knew that if the bike didn't get put together right away, it would end up never getting put together. Kevin arrived on Friday morning and one hour later he was finished.




I think I caught Kevin by surprise :) He's checking the handlebars and seat to my mom's comfort.
Here she is! All finished and ready to roll. My mom took her out for a spin the next morning. There is a wonderful paved bike trail all the way to the grocery store in one direction (2.5 miles) and in the other direction I'm not sure how far it goes, but I'm pretty sure it's another few miles. The two baskets on this tryke will make it real easy to haul the groceries home.

I think this is going to be the perfect place to have this type of bicycle.

Have a great day!
Kristin

6 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is awesome. I remember trying one of those years ago, my husbands Nana had one. It take a little practice. Even though we learn to ride one when we are little, it's a bit different to use when you have been use to a regular bike. I'm so happy for her. God Bless.

Marg Henry said...

Ah, now I see why your mom didn't tell us she was "buying" a trike. Cool. Now we'll have 2 trikes, plus my old bike w/a small basket!

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

One of my neighbor's has a tryke. It looks like an easier way to transport a bag of groceries by bike than by backpack!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Fabulous! And Fun!

j said...

How COOL! Your mom will enjoy the tryke.

Kres' Mom~judith said...

I rode the path to the grocery store the other day, only to discover that it ends about a block before the plaza which means I'll have to go out into the street, on the wrong side of the road. (it is improbable to cross across 4 lanes of traffic and a passing lane, just to come back across one block later, it's not like you can zip across the street on this big thing :o). I may drive to the store and just ride the tryke for fun, which it is!