Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday Fragments

Mrs. 4444, from Half-Past Kissing Time, hosts Friday Fragments each week. It's a great excuse to get all those little snippets that gather in the brain and don't seem enough for one post but together they can make one fun blog post! Enjoy!

.•:*¨¨*:•.

Last week, Mrs. 4444 mentioned that her name is to be said as Mrs. Fours.  Goodness, I had no idea.  It's so much easier to say Mrs. Fours than to say Mrs. Four Four Four Four, which is exactly what I was doing.  Thank you Mrs. Fours :)  Thank you for explaining.

.•:*¨¨*:•.

Dr. Oz has his own show now (Click Here for the website).  He was on the Oprah show for 5 years (just like Dr. Phil) and now he's doing his own show.  I've see three episodes so far - not bad. I have already learned a few things, too!

.•:*¨¨*:•.

I got my hair cut & colored yesterday :)   I've been getting blonde highlights for years now, but in the fall last year I got a darker tint in my hair to match the seasons.  Today I went dark.  Really dark.  It's actually a scary dark for me.   My husband, who rarely notices a difference in my hair about fell out of his chair when I got home.  His first response?  "Will it get lighter? after you wash it?" He'll get used to it.  :)  I put the photo on Facebook last night and the phone lines were buzzing! I had no idea I'd get such a response and it was a lot of fun.  I thought I'd let you all get a peak, too.

Before



After



The before shot shows my perm that lasted about an hour.  Pretend that my hair is stick straight in the first photo, too! 
.•:*¨¨*:•.

More TV talk - I'm thrilled that Project Runway, Survivor & Amazing Race are all on.  OK, Amazing race hasn't started yet, but it's coming soon. 

.•:*¨¨*:•.

I went to the movies last week and one of the ads before the show mentioned that the 70th anniversary of the Wizard of Oz was coming up.  There is going to be a nationwide one day only rerelease on Sept. 23rd.  I think I'm going to plan on going.  Come to think of it, I saw the message in the theater, but they didn' t say if it was going to be shown in that theater.  Guess I need to find out!  If you are interested, be sure to look it up and see if it will be in your town - Sept. 23rd.  That's a Wednesday.

 .•:*¨¨*:•.

Thanks for stopping by.  Check out more Friday Fragments over at Mrs. 4444 (fours!!).  Enjoy your day.

Kristin



18 comments:

Kori said...

Oh, I LOVE the hair; it is beautiful! Very chic, too (which seems to be the word du jour for me). AS for the tv shows, meh, I don't watch any of them, but now I am going to scope out whether the Wizard of Oz will be shown here. I would adore seeing that on the big screen, and I know my kids would too! :)

sonia a. mascaro said...

Hi Kristin,
Thanks for your congratulations! I am very happy that I win the 2010 George and Alan wall calendar. Lucky me indeed!

Love your hair, just beautiful!

Evansmom said...

Your hair looks great!

I too am excited about Survivor and the Amazing Race. I blogged about Survivor today - come check it out!

Thanks for mentioning Mrs. Fours. I missed her post and also thought of her as Mrs. Four Four Four Four. Whew.

brainella said...

Love the hair. I really do. I'm thinking about going darker too. :) You've inspired me.

I would love to see the Wizard of Oz in the theatres. Definitely in my top 10 movies list...I may need to blog about that. :)

MrsSki said...

I love your hair! I went dark about 2 years ago and recently have made the progression back to blonde. The funny thing is that I never thought I would miss my black hair but I do! But with all the time, money, and hair salon trips I doubt I'll be going back to black anytime soon!

I'm so excited for fall tv too....and I can't wait for Amazing Race!

Smoochiefrog said...

Nice new hair!

I'll admit, I call her Mrs. 4444 (saying each number) too. Now I can't stop.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Dr. Oz if pretty blunt...which I like.

Might have to check out his show.

Hallie

Claudya Martinez said...

I think the new hair color looks fantastic! Really, really good.

Eve said...

I like the darker hair. It will be lovely for the Autumn and Winter.

Oh, that would be SO FUN to see the Wizard of oz in the theater!!

Eternal Lizdom said...

I really like the new 'do!!

Didn't know about the Wiz of Oz thing- it would be great to see it on the big screen!

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

I really like your new 'do. The husband will come around. They always do!

denise said...

i like the dark hair! it looks good on you...also like the friday fragments idea since i mostly think in fragments and am always trying to figure out where to put them all...

Ann in the UP said...

Another hurray for the new 'do. Looks great on you.

mub said...

Your hair looks fab!

I can't decide who I like on Project Runway this year... no one has really stood out to me yet!

If I had the opportunity to go see The Wizard of Oz in the theatre, I totally would!

Stacey said...

There was a drastic change to your hair, but it looks pretty both ways! Your husband will get used to it! :-)

Mrs4444 said...

It beats Mrs. Four Thousand Four Hundred Forty-Four, too, doesn't it?!

I love your hair, but it helps to be so cute, too :)

Dr. OZ is a hottie! Might have to check out his show, haha.

Keetha Broyles said...

I LOVE the cut.

I like the color too - - - but I'm going to "miss" those little blond streaks for a while until I get readjusted!!!!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

LOVE your new look! I think it is great. It looks very youthful and great around your face. It frames yoru face, like artwork. FABULOUS dahlin! Fabulous. LOVE IT!