Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Snippets

I had far too much on my brain this weekend to hold it all in.  So instead of another Friday Fragment post, I'm turning it into a Sunday Snippet!  I've got links to just about everything I mention, so click away and enjoy!


The other day I talked about the Gulf Shores Time Capsule, but also the other day a blogging friend of mine, Ruth Ann, of My Remodeled Nest, hid a time capsule of her very own!  Ruth Ann is in the ending stages of her kitchen remodel and when she saw the post I did about my Mother hiding a time capsule in her kitchen back in February, she knew she just had to do the same.   I love the pictures she took, especially the one where she's got her feet in the air!  What a hoot.  Go on over to Ruth Ann's and take a look.   This is one of the best things about blogging...the sharing of ideas.


Notebook tutorial found at Scissor Variations by way of Cafe Cartolina. This notebook is a little flip book with two binder rings. It's perfect project to use up a little piece of leftover fabric and make something fun and functional!



I picked up a local free newspaper today and as I was flipping through I noticed the Free Will Astrology. I had to laugh. Free Will? Do other papers have a Forced Down Your Throat Astrology?



It takes me forever to comment on blogs. I write long stories about why that post reminded me of something - then I delete most if not all of it. Sometimes I write something that I think is totally hysterical and realize it doesn't make a lick of sense...so I just write "That was so cool! I know what you mean about the so and so."



Pioneer Woman wrote a cookbook and I'm going to get it.   I mentioned the other day on Facebook that I've got a whole shelf full of cookbooks that I never open, even though I only know how to make a few things.  Pioneer Woman though, she walked me through my first Thanksgiving dinner that I made a few years back.  Her step by step instructions made it the least stressful, most wonderful cooking experience I've ever had.  Seriously.  If I can pay her back by buying  a cookbook, that I know is going to be incredible, then that's what I'm going to do.  I have a feeling it's going to be a best seller.  If you'd like to read about her cookbook - click here.  That link also tells you where you can preorder the book.




Speaking of Pioneer Woman - Here are some really funny Family Photos from Actual Olan Mills Photos The best photo in the bunch is the very last one - That one is Pioneer Woman.  It really is.  Too funny!

This is the pottery bowl that I gave Tom for his birthday.  He loved it!  He didn't even mind the scalloped edges and he really liked the one "corner" that was dipped in green.  Whew!  I'm so glad he liked it.

Hope you have a fabulous Sunday!
Kristin

2 comments:

Ruth Ann said...

Thank you for mentioning me on your blog! You're soo sweet! I was going to ask about the pottery you gave Tom, but thought you'll get to posting it eventually. I think that pottery is just beautiful! Yesterday I went to a festival and remembered what you said the other day about blog writing and posting lots of pictures! So last night I did that and blogged about the festival and shared all the photos I took! Hope you are having a great day!

denise said...

love the free associations...i actually enjoy seeing where your ideas go...thanks for your comment on my blog; i always mean to make time to catch up on others' and don't find it so it was nice to just pop right over in the seconds i have free...can't wait to make my own time capsule...wonderful idea!