Thursday, September 24, 2009

Friday Fragments

Mrs. 4444, from Half-Past Kissing Time, hosts Friday Fragments each week. It's a great excuse to get all those little snippets that gather in the brain and don't seem enough for one post but together they can make one fun blog post!  This week has been crazy weird, so this fragmented post may be just as nutty as my week!

Enjoy!

.•:*¨¨*:•.

First off.  I am so excited I can hardly stand it.  For those of you who do not know, I rent condos to people who are going through the pre and post heart, lung or liver transplant process.  My husband had a liver transplant almost 4 years ago, so this is a way for us to help give back to the community that has helped us so much.  However lovely the idea of renting these condos to the transplant community, it is frustrating when I don't have anyone in them.  It means that I'm paying for the condos.  For the past two months all three of my condos have been empty and so has my bank account.  I've been sending out a whole bunch of prayers and then last night I did a whole visualization thing - visualizing families coming to me and handing me checks and me handing them keys.   I did that several times.  Family, check, keys, repeat.    Today I rented two of my condos and have a definite maybe from a third person.  Coincidence??  Prayers answered is what that is.  Thank you!


When something so fabulous comes to you, I believe you can never say Thank You enough.  I think I've said TY a few hundred times today!

.•:*¨¨*:•.



I entered to win a giveaway over at Olive Rue.  I didn't win, but because she had such a terrific response to the giveaway, she decided to offer her fabulous chalkboard gift tags on her Etsy site for a great price.  I decided to take her up on the offer because darn it  I wanted them and I had talked myself out of them several several times.  Those tags arrived today!  Thank you Olive Rue!!

.•:*¨¨*:•.

A friend of ours was talked into having a garage sale by my husband and I.  :)  Thankfully he agreed!  One of the items going into the sale is my treadmill.  I can't use it here in our condo, so it's been sitting in a garage I own about 15 miles from my house.  The darned thing is about 10 years old and so heavy that I'm really ready for it to go away.  Dear dear husband and this wonderful friend loaded this very heavy machine into the back of Tom's truck along with many other items and proceeded to go drop it off at the friends home.  As they were turning onto the expressway, the treadmill went flying out the back of the truck, barely missing the car behind them. (I cannot imagine the heart attack those folks must have had seeing that giant treadmill coming right at them!!)   The boys retrieved the treadmill and put it back in the truck and somehow made it back to the garage sale site.  Rather than being a really good deal at the sale and maybe bring us $50 or so - now it's going to be free for the taking and who knows if it works.   I still can't believe he didn't tie the thing down! 

.•:*¨¨*:•.

I'm watching Project Runway, which has been moved to Lifetime for this latest season.  The judging panel is supposed to consist of 3 regular members and 1 guest judge. Every so often one of the regular panel judges couldn't make it, when PR was on Bravo, but this season is just insane. I think the 3 regular judges have only been there once so far out of what? 6 shows? It's actually been the Heidi Klum show. I want Michael Kors. I want Nina Garcia. I want a guest judge that I recognize. sigh. I still like PR but it was better on Bravo.

.•:*¨¨*:•.

I want to Thank everyone who left such lovely comments about my Confession the other day.  I just wanted to mention that there was never a question about me going to the reunion.  I was the person that got the reunion ball rolling and got the first committee together, so I'm going and I'm excited :)

.•:*¨¨*:•.

 I decided last week that I was going to do a Photo of the Day (POTD) Monday through Friday.  I've taken a lot of photos that I really can't work an entire blog post around, so the Photo of the Day is a great way to show one photo and let it just stand on it's own.  I honestly didn't think I'd get any comments on the POTD and I've gotten a good response this week.  Thanks everyone!  I so enjoy the participation.  Thank you!

.•:*¨¨*:•.

Please come back to see the other blog post for Friday.  I was going to include it in the Friday Fragments post, but it was MUCH longer than a fragment, I realized after I started writing it.  It's about a fabulous gift that I received in the mail today.  It's posted now - called Art-O-Mat Love.

.•:*¨¨*:•.

Turns out I had a  Fragment theme!  It was Thank you!  I said that in nearly every paragraph. :)


I hope you head on over to Mrs. 4444's place to check out the other Friday Fragments.  I so enjoy it each week and am happy to be able to participate. 

Thanks for stopping my!
Kristin

12 comments:

debi9kids said...

How wonderful to get to experience the power of prayer and what a fabulous thing you are doing for transplant patients families. (my dad had a double lung transplant 3 years ago)

Happy Friday!

Sara Elizabeth said...

That is wonderful that your condos have been rented out, and it is wonderful what you are doing for transplant patients. Karama came back around to you when those were rented.

I watched the first two episodes of the new Project Runway on Lifetime, and I haven't watched since. I knew it wouldn't be the same when it moved.

Happy FF!

won said...

The judging is certainly not consistent at PR and it does leave something to be desired...but I still love it!

Then again, I'm addicted to my TV.

annies home said...

wish I was closer to that treadmill hubby needs one badly

Caution/Lisa said...

God does indeed answer prayer, doesn't He?

I'm still picturing that treadmill flying out of truck. What a fright for the people behind!!

brainella said...

I cannot imagine what the person in the car was thinking when that treadmill flew out the back of the truck! :)

Glad the condos have been rented. Prayer has magical powers in many ways.

Mel Fraase said...

Glad you got your condos rented! I'm a photographer and I totally understand when there is no work there's no money (and no rent $!)

LOVE the chalkboard tags!

I am always freaked out when I drive behind someone with a loaded truck bed!! I'd have crashed my car for sure!

Happy FF!

Mrs4444 said...

I enjoyed your TY theme this week and am very happy for you, especially about the fact that no one was hurt in the treadmill debacle!

Your story about the condo rentals is wonderful! So happy for you :)

Off to read your other posts and check out the pics :)

mub said...

I'm glad you got your condos rented out! I think that it's neat that you can do that and help people out so much.

I haven't been terribly excited with any of the PR contestants this season... there are a couple that I really hope get eliminated SOON though!!

Smellyann said...

Yay for answered prayers!! You can never be too thankful, I believe.

And OMGosh about the treadmill! Wow, I would have freaked out if that were me behind him. Glad no one was hurt!

Claudya Martinez said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful news about the rentals. Ask and you shall receive.

I am so happy no one was hurt by the treadmill.

Anonymous said...

Sooo so sorry. I am just now finding this post. I'm so glad you liked the tags. Awesome news about the condos.