Sunday, September 27, 2009

Here She Is...

...Miss Treadmill!

I thought a view of the treadmill was in order for this Sunday evening.



So what do you think? Looks good, huh?  She's not as pretty in real life as she looks here.

I couldn't get a good photo of the side bars, but they were bent in so far that the tread part won't go down.  I did however get a  close up of one of the fat plastic wheels.



They used to be perfectly smooth...before the thrill ride!

The garage sale was a pretty darn good success.  Between my husband and I we carted over seven loads to the garage sale site and tonight we only carted one load home.   The treadmill went to the curb at our friends house - hopefully someone will pick it up for parts - otherwise we'll have to call a large appliance disposal placed to come get it.  I also boxed up about 3 small boxes for the Goodwill truck that's coming tomorrow. 



We had a lot of different types of stuff for sale.  Dishes, pottery, boxes of stationery, bedding, an air compressor, two battery chargers, hundreds of t-shirts from our former business, bicycle parts and the list goes on and on.  We wheeled and dealed our little hearts out and ended up making just over a thousand dollars.   I think the biggest thrill I had was when someone offered us $30 for the remaining t-shirts.  I said yes so quickly that I thought my husbands neck was going to fly off!  We were selling them for $1 a piece and probably had 200 shirts left.  But the thought of having even one shirt left at the end of the day made that $30 worth it.    The photo above shows a few of the boxes of shirts and sweatshirts that we had available.

I made a lot of deals on Saturday, but today was Let's Make A Deal day for sure.  Whew!  It was a lot of work, but worth it.  I cleared out a lot of possessions that Tom and I had packed up 4 years ago and have never opened in that time.  This was a very good purge of those items, however,  I'm done with garage sales for the year.  This was my second one this summer and I'm done done done :) 

I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend!
Kristin

2 comments:

Claudya Martinez said...

Congrats on the success! Doesn't it feel good to downsize?

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Good for you. It's always nice to get rid of stuff. I myself do not like having garage sales. I have had them but they are so much work.