Thursday, September 03, 2009

It's over

My streak is over.

I missed posting today/yesterday.

I didn't plan on it.

But it happened.

I'm wondering if it's still yesterday somewhere in the USA that I can fudge it a little and still remain on goal.

Ahhh, what's a goal if you can fudge it? Not much of a goal!

So, out of 365 days of my "post every single day from November to November" this is truly the first day I have missed, without having an already scheduled back up. I guess that's not too bad.

I had a good excuse though.

I took a friend of mine to the hospital today for a procedure. We spent about 5 hours there for that. (I spent 3 of those hours with another friend on the ICU floor) I got home just as Tom was starting dinner. As soon as I got the dishes done from dinner, the friend who had the procedure earlier in the day felt that she should probably go to the ER at Mayo because things just weren't feeling right and she was in a lot of pain.

So...we went to the ER.

I don't think anything was resolved this evening for her, but she feels more comfortable. She might have been dehydrated, too, so they pumped her full of fluids while she was there. Hopefully she can get in to see the pain management folks tomorrow as I do believe she's got some issues from her transplant a few months ago.

You just can't mess around when it comes to post-transplant patients. If they are feeling poorly, haul them in, that's my motto.

It's good to help out when I can.

I'm pretty well beat though - so I'm going to go to bed. Night!!

Kristin

7 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I haven't been trying to post every day - - - sometimes I miss, sometimes I post several in one day.

BUT - - - I too share your pain and frustration at MISSING posting for a day. Somehow, maybe due to meetings after school which are sapping my time and energy, I TOTALLY SPACED Thrifty Vintage Thingies this week. Totally!!!

ARggghhhhhhhhh

Ann in the UP said...

Don't beat yourself up, girlfriend. What you were doing was so worthwhile that you can forgive yourself. Besides who knows how many others you've put onto the path of "101 things to do in 1001 days"? Zillions of things are being improved because of that alone!

It's akin to having a Twix bar on your diet. Enjoy it and move on; tomorrow's another day. It's not about perfection, it's about progress.

Judith Bridger said...

Not to worry. Now the pressure is off, and remember 1.5 is how many days...500+.

You done good kid. lm

Kristin - The Goat said...

Thanks everyone :) I'll have to count up the exact number of days now and see...it was a great run!

j said...

There is scripture that says there is no great love than to lay down your life for a friend. That's what you did - you put aside your blog life for a friend. I am really proud of you for that Kristin. Putting another person first is so beautiful.

I feel blessed to call you my friend!

j said...

I love Judith's comment. That sounds like math.... Just do it!!!

Mrs4444 said...

You're an angel. Maybe you could post twice in one day and feel right about it. I did that this week (accidentally-ticked me off! :)