Saturday, September 05, 2009

Driving in Circles


I forgot which way I was going this morning. I know that could mean 100 different things, but for right now it means that I missed my turn when I was trying to get on the expressway. Usually I take the expressway East. That's the direction for almost everything I do but this morning I needed to go West. I missed it. So I thought I'd just get to the next left turn space and make a U-turn. The next left turn lane was a No U-Turn and so was the next one! I'd gone nearly 2 miles in the wrong direction just to turn around. That tacked on 15 minutes.

Then I get on the expressway and nearly made another mistake by staying in the Exit Only lane. I didn't want to exit, not yet anyway.

I wasn't on the phone, I didn't have the radio on, I didn't have a passenger and I wasn't trying to take photos while driving. I have no idea why I became a space cadet.

Although, I have to say, I didn't get upset. I always figure if I make that many mistakes in a row, then something is keeping me from getting into an accident or an incident that may have happened if I'd stayed on my course :) I'm just glad it was just a 15 minute diversion. I once drove an hour in the wrong direction. I can't imagine what sort of trouble I might have gotten in that I had to take two hours out of my day to avoid it. LOL I have to admit, I was upset at that one.

So, if you ever find yourself driving around in circles, just think that you might be saving yourself a lot of trouble in the long run :)

I hope you have a great day!
Kristin

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just look around for cops and then make an illegal u turn anyways. ;)

Ruth Ann said...

I think the exact same way! Once I wanted to go shopping in Morgantown WV. My friend tried to give me directions, but I didn't understand them. I put it into my GPS and my GPS wouldn't recognize the street name. I went online to print out mapquest and my printer didn't work. I thought it was meant for me to go to Morgantown that day so I never went! I totally agree with you!

Ruth Ann said...

Oh, and I agree with Yaya, I make illegal u turns too! :)

Keetha Broyles said...

I've often told myself this same thing - - - and every once in a great while, I actually find out what I was saved from!!!

Christy said...

I've done that! On my way to class one night - been that way a thousand times before - and totally took the wrong exit! I was surprised at myself for being so spaced out. When I got to class the professor asked why I was late, I told him, he used it as an illustration of life. Yeah - the class was REAL happy with me on that one! BTW - thanks for stopping by my blog! "Blast furnace" is right!