Wednesday, February 18, 2009

WFMW - address labels

This week, Shannon over at Rocks in my Dryer is hosting Works for me Wednesday where hundreds of bloggers share their tips and tricks that they use that works for them. Please read through my tip, leave a comment and then go see what other fabulous ideas you can find at Shannons.

I have a home address, an email address, a blog address, a cell phone and a home phone.
My husband has a cell phone and email address. That's a lot of information to write down when someone says - how can I get in touch with you? I always wonder... Do you have 5 minutes to write it down??

I have business cards with my information on it, but not with my husbands. So I came up with the address label idea. I found these
Basic 4 line Address Labels
where I have our names on the top line, then our home phone on the second. The next line has Tom's cell & his number and the last line has Kristin's cell & the number. When I purchased these address labels I had not been blogging for that long, so I decided to hold off buying a second roll of labels that had my blog URL and my email address - so I just write my blog URL on my business card if I want to give that to someone.

I can put these stickers on my business cards, put them on a note card I'm sending, on the back of photos, on the top of a flier I'm handing out or my favorite -- on a Post-It! It is just so easy. Business cards get lost all the time, at least if I'm given a business card. If I have taken the time to write out a card or a letter, it is usually kept around long enough so it is possible to get the information from the card to the address book. People tend to toss the envelope right away, so that's why I have started putting my address and phone numbers on the card or letter if I think they don't have my current information.

Getting a special address label with our phone numbers on it works for me. It makes it easy to give our information out without having to write out all those numbers...besides, no one had to decipher our handwriting!

Please head on over to Shannons for more Works for me Wednesday tips and thanks so much for stopping by!

Have a great day!
Kristin

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent idea!

jb said...

So simple, easy, and clearly a "duh!" moment for some of us that want to be ready to go...but manage to get off track...ooh..what's going on over there?

Ruth Ann said...

Really great idea! I thought of making business type cards with my blog and e-mail info, but never thought about address labels! Hope you're having a great day, and glad to hear that your diabetes is doing better!
-Ruth Ann

"J" said...

Great Idea!!!! =)

Sharinskishe said...

This is a great idea.

There are times business cards work great and other times when an address sticker would be better.

Thanks for a good one.

Sharinskishe