Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Aunt Jean


Aunt Jean is arriving!

She's my Aunt Jean but only because I have adopted myself into her family tree.  Or I pulled her into mine.  Since she's the actual Aunt of my friend Lori, then it would be more correct to assume that I have invaded their family. 

I'm glad I got that straightened out.

Aunt Jean arrives on a midnight flight into Jacksonville, tonight.  I will have my rear end firmly planted in the car that will be picking her up.

You know how some people just naturally connect to each other?  I don't know what it is, but I love Aunt Jean.  Hopefully she likes me well enough that she can tolerate my over enthusiastic bubbliness around her.  

Lori, Aunt Jean and I are going shopping at the outlet mall in St Augustine on Friday.  It's been years since I've gone out shopping like that, but that doesn't matter, I'm just excited about the company.  Right now my voice sounds like a 100 year old smoker, but hopefully by Friday I'll be able to talk rather than croak.  If not, I'll do a lot of listening.  For those of you who know me, yes, I can listen!  I can hear my friend Kevin saying something about being able to see the game on TV because Kristin will just keep the conversation going.  He only had to nod every so often.  (It's true and funny at the same time)

When I gave my hug to Aunt Jean in the Philly airport a year ago February, I asked her if she would be traveling to Florida any time soon.  She said she didn't plan on it.  Well, this will be her second trip down here.  Thanks for planning on it!

Have a great day!
Kristin

3 comments:

Ann in the UP said...

What a delightful visit to be looking forward to! Have fun and I hope you don't have to "only listen".

I have the same laryngitis thing going on, though I think i'm at the tail end of it.

(Thanks for the cartoon!) It's very funny, cute, and almost true!

Bill Lisleman said...

It's great that people can be family without really being family.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Have a wonderful time with Aunt Jean.