Monday, November 07, 2011

POTD - Past their Prime


POTD - Past their Prime
©2011 Kristin Corlett


I debated whether or not to use this as my Photo of the Day because the flowers are past their prime and some of them only have their seed heads.  Then I realized that behind those flowers is the Muhly Grass which is in its prime with the brilliant purple tops.  I originally took this photo just to see if the purple would come through and give a softness to the wilted flowers. 

We do get Fall in Northern Florida and I'm happy I documented a little bit of it.

Enjoy!
Kristin

5 comments:

Ann in the UP said...

I think your picture proves that things are not only beautiful when they are in full flower, but that every stage has a beauty all its own. I like it.

Unknown said...

I like the flower past it's prime. It has a beauty in its own right as it begins the process of sliding toward winter.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

They're kinda like me, huh??? I'm sorta passed my prime too! Heeehehhee!

Nevertheless, they are still quite stunnin', especially when everything 'round here is toast!

God bless and have a beautiful week!!! :o)

Lisa said...

Lots of things are just perfect past there prime. I really like the photo and am glad you used it. Northern Florida??? Oh! how I love Florida!!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Can definitely see the purple in the background.