Wednesday, November 09, 2011

It's so gaudy!

This wasn't what I was originally going to talk about today, but photobucket isn't cooperating with me tonight and I can't seem to get anything loaded. However, my phone was able to send a photo in, so ... I guess I'll talk about the auction.


I'm in need of an income and I don't want to get a job, so I'm going to start buying some furniture, fix it up a bit and sell it.  The problem with this is that I love and adore buying furniture and I have a bit of trouble selling stuff I like a lot.  The other day I bought a chair and torchiere lamp at auction.  I may keep the lamp for my photo room.  It gives off a ton of indirect light and I like that.  The chair I will use for my party on Friday and then I have no problem selling it. 

Tonight was a box lot and the cheaper furniture auction.  You can get some incredible deals and I got a few of those tonight.  I got a mirror for a dollar, a framed poster for four, a lamp for five, a scrabble game for a dollar and a pair of the lamps shown above for $30 each. 

I really didn't want to pay that much for the lamps, but they were the entire reason why I went to this particular auction to begin with.  Oh goodness, I fell head over heels for these gaudy darlings.  I will be keeping them for a little while, but at some point I'll paint them, find some fabulous shades and maybe even rewire them and sell them. 

On Friday, they will be sitting on either end of the kitchen bar. 

Do you think they should be painted white?  Maybe just a dry brush coat over the blue, so the blue still shows through? 

I want to get another booth in an antique mall or craft space.  I'd love to sell my photos and the cool things I find.  I will be looking into that, too. 

Have a great day!
Kristin





3 comments:

Kelly Corlett said...

I can see you're attraction to those lamps...they have a bit of a gothic look to them & look like they should be in a posh castle somewhere!
I like the sound of dry brush with white...hope comes out OK? Post the results wont you?
Very Chic! xx

Debby@Just Breathe said...

This is why I like you so much, you like things that I like. These are really gaudy but extremely interesting. I do like the color of them now. They will be so much fun for your party.

Mrs4444 said...

I like the blue.

These lamps look very much like a couple in my MIL's living room; her's have the little baubles attached, too, but they aren't so tall. I'll take a closer look at them tomorrow.