Friday, October 09, 2009

Friday Fragments

Mrs. 4444, from Half-Past Kissing Time, hosts Friday Fragments each week. It's a great excuse to get all those little snippets that gather in the brain and don't seem enough for one post but together they can make one fun blog post! 

This week I'm in Michigan hanging out with my sisters, Hillary and Alison, my mom and Alison's husband as well as two kids, Zora and Stella.  My High School reunion is this weekend and I swear that's all I've got on my brain.  Let's see if I can find some fun stuff to chat about.
 
 
.•:*¨¨*:•.




I've got a purring cat on my lap.  This is actually a very unsual occurance as my cat will not sit on my lap.  She will lay next to me, put a paw on me, stand on my legs and kneed my belly or chest, but she will not lay on my lap. Snuff, my sister's cat, will lay on my lap and will allow me to rest my forearms on her back and neck while I type.  She's agreeable that way.

.•:*¨¨*:•.

I went to a friends home today with my mother to pick up a photograph that my mom was purchasing.  Right across the street was the place where I lived for several years with a boyfriend.  He still lives there.  It was so weird to be that close.  The friend had a garage sale a few weeks back and my mom went to the sale.  She told me that said X was sitting on the front porch with some friends watching the garage sale goers.  I'm glad I was still in Florida at the time.  I would have felt the need to go over and talk to him and even though I'm sure we'd both be terribly friendly, I'm glad I didn't have to make that decision.

.•:*¨¨*:•.




My Mom and I took Zora (my niece) to an Open House at a Fire Station last night.  It was a lot of fun.  They allowed kids to get into a helicopter, a fire truck, an ambulance, into a police car & on a police motor cycle, too.  They got to hold the fire hose and try to shoot water through the cutouts of a house and they got to put out a fire using a fire extinguisher.  Oh! and they ran a small course where they hauled a fire hose and a fire hose shaped like a person.  It was all free and a ton of people were there, even my cousin and one of her kids.  If you ever see something like this in your area, be sure to take your kids (or nieces, nephews, grandkids) to this.  It was really educational and fun. 

.•:*¨¨*:•.

A Message I received on Facebook today ---

You have been spotted....
On the bridge in Grand Ledge taking pictures of the island....
Back in town and you can't go anywhere without everyone knowing...
Welcome back to GL.

I was trying to take some photos of some interesting parts of town because I coudn't find a postcard to save my life. How funny that someone saw me!

.•:*¨¨*:•.

 I haven't watched TV since Friday.  I always thought it was the television that kept me from getting to everyone's blogs each day.  I actually think that the TV has nothing to do with it.  I've been sitting in this chair for a few hours now and haven't read a single blog other than my own and still haven't finished this post.  Granted, I am waiting for the pictures to load and I'm doing laundry, but I have very few distractions.  So maybe the TV isn't so bad afterall!

.•:*¨¨*:•.

Who got Auffed on Project Runway tonight??  No wait, don't tell me.  I might get to see it on my sister's DVR later in the week.  No, wait - I do want to know.  I'll find out before I see the show anyway.  Do tell - who did Heidi Auff this week???

.•:*¨¨*:•.

Hillary went to the doctor the other day to see if this new physician can figure out why she gets horrible headaches all the time.  She came home with a lot of information, a short term script for something to see if that helps her headaches and a tetnus shot.  It's two days later and she can still hardly raise her arm.  Poor thing.  I guess she didn't move her arm enough after the shot.  She hadn't gotten a tetnus shot in 12 years, which is just 2 years over the max.  So here's your PSA for today -- How long has it been since you've had your tetnus shot?  I know I'm due.  I think it's been over 15 since I've had one.

.•:*¨¨*:•.

The cat left for an hour or so and is now back.  It's just after midnight here on the East Coast, so that means that Mrs. 4444 probably has her Friday Fragments post up and is taking links.  I'm going to hit the hay then.  I hope you have a fabulous Friday and that you get a chance to swing by the other  FF blogs to see what their up to this week.

Enjoy!
Kristin

12 comments:

debi9kids said...

Great list! I LOVE these because it helps me get to know "new bloggy friends" better too :)

How fun that you are going to your reunion! I had such a blast at my last one.

Very odd about the ex. Good thing you didn't have to run into him...

Happy Friday!

j said...

Interesting group of fragments. I am amazed that someone spotted you and Facebooked it. LOL!

Zora is PRETTY!!!

Sara Bonds @ Ordinary and Awesome said...

I too always though the TV had something to do with my not getting around, but now I watch TV once or twice a week for one or two hours. I still don't seem to get around much.

Funyn Facebook message! I hope you know the person. lol

Happy FF!

4 Lettre Words said...

Lots of cats featured on FF today! Hope you enjoy your visit.

Praying the new doc can figure out the headache thing. That's no fun!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Great fragments! Hope you have a nice visit.

mommytoalot said...

Very interesting fragments. I am stopping by from Mrs. 444 blog.
Gotta watch out for those facebook spies huh.

Tricia said...

Hi there Kristin.
Happy Friday!

My kids had the firetrucks at their school yesterday. They did the whole deal, climbed in, climbed out, pulled the siren. All the fun stuff. They loved it. Kids and loud trucks. Never a bad day. ;)

Have a wonderful weekend!

XO*Tricia

Stacy Uncorked said...

Purring kitties are always the best!

Good thing you weren't home during the garage sale so you didn't end up going over and talking to the ex...wonder if he was watching to see if you would be going to the garage sale? ;)

The open house at the Firehouse sounds like it was FUN!

Too funny you were 'spotted' then sent the message on Facebook... ;)

Hopefully the new doc can figure out what's causing Hillary's headaches...that doesn't sound like fun!! My last tetanus shot was 4 years ago...

Have a great weekend - have FUN your reunion! :) Happy FF! :)

MrsSki said...

I didn't realize until I was reading your post that I completely forgot to dvr Project Runway....hopefully they will play a rerun this weekend if not I'll have to dig for it online.

Regarding your fb message...don't you just love small towns?!

mub said...

Ugh I hate tetanus shots. Nothing that's supposed to be healthy should be that painful *L*

I usually download PR on Mondays and watch it while my husband is at work. This season is like a trainwreck... I can't stop watching!

Mrs4444 said...

I'm so happy to be here :) TGIF!!

I wonder what it is about ex's that makes moments like that so awkward; it's like you go straight back in time. The only thing like it is a class reunion; thank gawd they get easier every year :)

Our cat is no longer with us; he was a pain, really. He never came near most of us, except to hiss. I'd love a lap-sleeper, but then again, that would probably get old, too....

Have a great weekend, Kristin :)

Unknown said...

Exes make for awkward moments. I'm glad you didn't have to make that decision as well. Happy Friday!!