Friday, August 20, 2010

Polaroids


I found my Polaroid camera a few months back.  It'd been hiding in a box in my garage for a couple of years.   Today, however, I noticed that I still had a few Polaroids left.  It had long since expired, but I thought I'd see what it'd look like.


I set up my friend, the kitty twine holder, and took a few glamor shots.  I had the kitty squarely in the center of the lens when I took this photo and yet its poor kitty head is totally chopped off.  I think the photographer needs some practice.


I tried another one, a bit further away.  You can clearly see the red stripe running through the center of the photo.  That was about the only color in the photo.  Clearly the film expired and the correct color properties have long since faded. 

I still have a few more photos in the camera and a whole pack of film that I found in my filing cabinet a few weeks ago.  I'll have to see what comes of that :)

Even though Polaroid is no longer producing film for their cameras, The Impossible Project is up and running and film is once again being produced.  I may have to get a pack or two and experiment. 

Hope you have a great day!
Kristin

3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Your camera AND the film are now VERY VALUABLE!

Polaroid went bankrupt and they are even selling their OWN collection of Polaroid photos - - - thousands of them.

I heard all this on NPR, in case you're wondering!

denise said...

interesting! i had no idea polaroid went bankrupt...such a cool instant gratification device...glad you can still get film and not surprised it is VALUABLE!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Cute twine holder. I loved when Polaroid came out, the instant pictures were always so much fun!