Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Photography Class

My photography class is once again kicking my rear end.


I'm supposed to be learning how to meter for light.    The above photo was one that I took for that metering assignment.  I did something wrong.  We have a couple of mini assignments and so far, I can't seem to get past the very first one.

Why is it that I get hung up so easily?!!

Today was the deadline for the the metering assignments.  I'm hoping that the deadline was just a suggestion and that I'll be able to turn them in!  If not, I'll be out of the loop for the next assignment, which we get tomorrow.

Oh geez.  What a whiny post.

On a more positive note, each mistake I've made I've been able to see that it is a mistake.  Correcting it has been a bit of an issue.  The nice thing is that I'm really getting it.  S L O W L Y getting it, but getting it haha!  I took algebra three times and that third time all of a sudden I found the correct key and I understood how to do it.   When that happened it seemed nearly impossible to me that I didn't understand it before!  I'm hoping that's the way this is going to be with the metering.  I just hope that it doesn't take three photography courses!  

Extra good news -- I just got a message back from the instructor and she'll accept a late assignment!  Whew.  OK, so when I'm done here, I'll get back to my project.



It's the last day for NaBloPoMo and I did indeed blog every day.  Well, we all knew I'd do it, but my goal for this month was to write my blog post for the day before 5pm.  I think the majority of the month I did that, too.  It made for much less stress at the 10 o'clock hour.   I'm going to try to keep that up as it was a nice habit.  

Alrighty folks.  Have a great day!  See you tomorrow :)
Kristin

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would be interested in hearing about your photography class... I am guessing it is 100% online. How well do you feel the teaching is? Is your teacher a great mentor (communicating well), and easy for a beginner to understand? I was just wondering... I may be looking into taking some classes myself, but I have never met anyone who took inline courses.

If you get a chance let me know.

Good luck on the metering. Sounds like FUN :)

LAC said...

I don't see where you screwed it up? Nothing is blown out, front and back is properly exposed? Are you being too hard on yourself again?! GOod thing is with most online courses you can take it again for free or severly discounted. Don't give up!

42N said...

Once you learn the basics of metering, exposure, etc. the rest falls into place. You already have the composition piece mastered.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm glad you are getting it, better late then never. I only know no flash or flash! Congratulations on completing your
NoBloPoMo!