Friday, November 12, 2010

POTD - Pastels


POTD - Pastels
©2010 Kristin Corlett

I found this interesting street in Jacksonville where all of the houses were the exact same and all were painted these pretty pastels. Of course as soon as I stopped on the road to take the photo someone came out on the porch and several cars came down the formerly empty street.  I moved out of the middle of the road to allow the cars to pass and by that time the person headed back into the house.  Whew - crisis averted.

Enjoy!
Kristin

6 comments:

Ann in the UP said...

Love the soft colors. When I was a kid we lived in a duplex in Ely, Minnesota. All the houses were privately owned by then, but still were all painted the same color, and were one boring sight. It never occurred to me they could have been different colors. I wonder why they opted to have them stay alike?

Caution/Lisa said...

There is one section of Lake St. Clair where the cottages are all painted like that. It's beautiful.

Keetha Broyles said...

These colors do SO remind me of the little houses in Costa Rica!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

They look so pretty. Track housing from way back when! When I was taking pictures of the houses in Chicago, mostly from the car, I told my husband that if anyone is out in front I am going to ask them to move!

Cyndy Bush said...

Love this! You have such a good eye for photography.

Marla said...

Our son and his family live in Jacksonville. There are some really interesting things to see there. Driving from one street to another can be worlds apart.