Monday, December 21, 2009

Finger food


My blogging friend, Ruth Ann at My Remodeled Nest took this photo today. These delightful little cookies were "remodeled" by her son, Alex who turned three this week.

This is what she had to say about the photo...

2 dozen cookies ruined this morning! Alex knew not to touch them, but waited until I was upstairs getting dressed and he took his finger and smooshed the chocolate in each one! He ate most of the chocolate! When I came downstairs I couldn't find him...he was hiding under the kitchen table and was saying "I sorry!"

I asked her if I could post this because it's just so sad and so funny all at the same time.  I just can't imagine what Ruth Ann's face looked like when she got back to the kitchen and saw the destruction.  Oh goodness. 

I also decided to blog about this because she hasn't blogged in a month and this is a story that needed to be told...

and I didn't have anything to talk about today :)

Thanks Ruth Ann!
Kristin

6 comments:

Claudya Martinez said...

Well, it makes for a great story for years to come.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

LOL! To cute! Hope she writes it down in his baby album!

Cyndy Bush said...

The image of him hiding and saying "I'm sorry!" is PRECIOUS. As upset as she is now, she will miss these days.
It was just TOO much temptation for them to be left out like that! lol

jb said...

Aww! Years from now, as they recall the story for the umpteenth time, Baby boy will say "I sorry" again, and Mom will tell him how she will love him forever, no matter what. I am so glad she took a snap of the event! She should make it her holiday card, frame it, put it in her scrapbook...cookies hot out of the oven...pudgy little fingers, just poking at them...just a little bit...

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you blogged this for her. She can print it and put it in the "baby book". These memories are worth saving. What a very funny story of temptation and guilt!

Ruth Ann said...

You're too funny! lol
And everyone thinks it's super funny until it happens to them! lol ;)

I will be back to blogging soon, it's just been crazy with Alex's party, and Christmas. Have a great Holiday!